Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so the brakes on my 95 NA were ready to be replaced so i figured it was a good time for the TT caliper upgrade. Put everything together to find out the ugly wheels that came with my car wont fit over the larger caliper. I had been planning to replace the wheels at some point anyway but just could't justify spending so much on a cosmetic item. But now that i have the justification for it i am thinking of getting a set of XXR 531s (I know super cheap, crappy knockoffs but i can only justify so much). I had already ordered a new set of tires when i was doing my brake job since my old set was on its way out as well, so i already have tires that fit my old wheels.

So, i am clueless when it comes to wheel fitment and need help with determining a size wheel that will fit my car. 235/40/18 front and 265/35/18 rear, any help determining a good wheel size that will fit the tires properly and get over the tt calipers would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I finally got the supra fitment guide to load, according to that 18x8.5 35mm offset would fit front and 18x9.5 35mm offset would work for rear. Can anyone confirm that this sounds right?

·
From the land down under
4,255 Posts
Those offsets sound like they are in the ballpark, but its also about backspacing from the spokes. A test fit is the only sure fire way to know when it comes to aftermarket wheels that dont come with specific Supra fitment.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be willing to to part with the na calipers but it would have to be for $100. $110 core refund when i return them :/ The only thing i am worried about with 10.5s are them going beyond the fender, i don't want to do any fender mods to make it work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
im no wheel expert like some here BUT stock twin turbo wheels are ET50 8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears, with that im running 35mm spacer in front and 25 in rear. this makes them ET15 front and ET25 rears and wheels are flush. so yes they will fit

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
If you're considering 10.5's, for reference my Veilside rears are 10.5 +45mm and they are not an aggressive fitment and can fit a 285 or 295 tire without fender mods even with the car lowered. My 11.5 rear CCW's with 315's needed a fender lip cut.

If you search in the Exterior, Interior, and Detailing section there are a few threads talking about fitment of XXR's.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm 100% sure you will really enjoy the 10.5 over the 9.5. Plus they help with traction. U shouldn't have to roll or do a thing, running a 295 /275

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies guys, i would have loved to do the 10.5 but 265 tires were already on order when i realized my wheels didn't fit.

Discounttiredirect is great btw. Ordered tires mid day the 19th and got them at sometime before midnight on yhe 20th. Regular shipping, shit blew my mind when i got home

·
From the land down under
4,255 Posts
im no wheel expert like some here BUT stock twin turbo wheels are ET50 8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears, with that im running 35mm spacer in front and 25 in rear. this makes them ET15 front and ET25 rears and wheels are flush. so yes they will fit
The factory wheels are an 8" front, not 8.5" :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts