Supra Forums banner

Wheel Fitment Issues - Offset/Width - !!!

780 views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  Steve Jarvis 
G
#1 ·
Okay guys.. I have a set of 19x8" wheels that I want to put onto my 94 TT..

The offset is roughly 40mm and the front wheels hit the calipers and the rear wheels are way in the fender well....

my question is this.. can I get spacers... how safe are they? Will they give me the correct fitment? how big should I get them?

And any other comments or suggestions you guys can help me with are greatly apprciated!!!

G
#2 ·
excuse me.. instead of spacers I ment adapters... you know.. the ones with the lugs on them already

from the looks of those adapters, they get bolted to the stock lugs and then you bolt the wheels to the new lugs on the adapters.. correct??

Thanks!

#3 ·
No offense, but the best thing for you to do is sale them and buy a good used set in the correct widths and offset. 8" wheels all the way around on a TT Supra will not be a fun car to drive. As a matter of fact, it will be almost dangerous.

Later, Steve

G
#4 ·
Why do you say it would be dangerious... as far as contact patch???

besides tires, we are only talking about 3" difference in contact patch.. would it make that much difference? (in the rear)

As far as the front goes, the x8 should be fine.. as car as I think...

Also, Im not dragging the car.. although I do take some drives through the canyons now and then.. nothing super serious considering i am auto now

#5 ·
You car will have severe oversteer with the same size wheel and tires all the way around. The difference in the lateral grip of a 255 mounted on a 9.5" wheel is a lot different than a 245 mounted on an 8" wheel. You could go with a 225 front and 245 rear, but why degrade the performance of a TT Supra. I could see you doing this if you didn't care about performance or never used it, but if this were the case you would have bought an NA.

Later, Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.