Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everyone, before i start, YES i did read over the sticky on the wheel fitment, there is good info in there but I'm a little lost on the offset.

I'm looking to buy some wheels. they are

fronts
18 x 7 +38

rear
18 x 8.5 +38

Is that a good offset to get? or no

Tires im looking to get 225/40 front and looking to get the widest for rear maybe 285/40 rear

I would like to get a nice flush setup with no camber.

I'm on kyb/ eibach pro springs

I know its hard to answer, I'm ordering the wheels from the interwebs, so physically trying them on is impossible.

Any other suggestions are welcome also , if you know of a good flush 18" setup let me know.

ANY help is appreciated, Please only post if you have information, less clutter the better.

thanks
-Saif

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Those wheels with that fitment will sit a bit inside the fender. Also a 285 is well outside the recommended width on a 8.5 inch wheel.

I know mine are only 17's, but as for fitment, I have an 8 inch wide wheel up front with a +25 offset and a 10 inch wide wheel out back with a +35 offset and they fit PERFECTLY. 235/45 up front and 275/40 in the rear. No camber adjustments. A 285 tire would be a little tight to fit on the rear of my setup without a slight fender roll. Ideally you'd want more of a +38 to +40 with a 10 inch wheel to get a little more tire in there.

(sorry bout the size of the picture, just went and grabbed it from one of the other threads.)

With a +35 to +38 offset, you really want a 9.5-10 inch wide wheel to get more of a flush look that you seem to be looking for, as well as be better suited to the width of tire that you want.

You're right, there is good info in that thread to use as a baseline, but a lot of what people say fit is either extremely aggressive with camber (10-11 inch wide wheels with +18 to +22 offsets) or far too conservative (9 to 10 inch wheel with +45 to +50 offsets).

·
slow.
1,016 Posts
Sup everyone, before i start, YES i did read over the sticky on the wheel fitment, there is good info in there but I'm a little lost on the offset.

I'm looking to buy some wheels. they are

fronts
18 x 7 +38

rear
18 x 8.5 +38

Is that a good offset to get? or no

Tires im looking to get 225/40 front and looking to get the widest for rear maybe 285/40 rear

I would like to get a nice flush setup with no camber.

I'm on kyb/ eibach pro springs

I know its hard to answer, I'm ordering the wheels from the interwebs, so physically trying them on is impossible.

Any other suggestions are welcome also , if you know of a good flush 18" setup let me know.

ANY help is appreciated, Please only post if you have information, less clutter the better.

thanks
-Saif
:ghey: NEWB!

lol...j/k. I think they will fit fine. Worse case - 5mm spacer(s).

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok this is what im going for now. what do you think

Fronts

18 x 8.5 Offset available are 32mm or 38mm

Rears

18 x 9.5 Offsets available are 25mm or 35mm

What do you guys think.

Chrisco I appreciate the help,
Brandon, wait till you see these wheels, I would have sex with them if I could :D

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Ok this is what im going for now. what do you think

Fronts

18 x 8.5 Offset available are 32mm or 38mm

Rears

18 x 9.5 Offsets available are 25mm or 35mm

What do you guys think.

Chrisco I appreciate the help,
Brandon, wait till you see these wheels, I would have sex with them if I could :D
If those are your choices, go with +32 in front and +35 in back. Those should fit exactly the way you want.

Your front wheel is .5" wider than my front wheel, which = .25" from center. A +32 offset brings the wheel 7mm (.27") further inward toward the center of the car than my setup, which basically puts it in almost exactly the same place. You'll have just a little more clearance between the fender and the tire. That's if you used a 235 wide tire on the front.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome and what size tires would you recomend 235/40 front and 275/40 rear?

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Being that you are going to be on 18's vs my 17's, you may want to use a smaller aspect ratio since those wheels are inherently .5" taller from center.

You should be able to clear a 285 in the rear but it might be a bit tight depending on how much the Eibachs have lowered the car. My car probably has about 3/4" of clearance between the top of the tire and the fender and it has never rubbed in the rear. I've rubbed maybe twice up front after hitting some real big bumps (didn't see them), but I also have factory shocks on the car still.

a 285/35/18 would be the exact same overall diameter as my 275/40/17s

245/40/18 front and 285/35/18 rear would be a nice setup for those wheels. Unless you like the stretched look, then go with a little more narrow of a front.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chrisco, i appreciate you taking time to help. One more question, also found another set that are staggered that i really like and they are

Front Rims are 18X8.5 with +30 offset

2 Rear Rims are 18x10 with +25 offset

Yay or nay?

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never mind, rears will stick out too much.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Rears would stick out about 1/4". Fronts would not stick out but would probably rub without rolling the fenders.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What are you thinking!!! Wheels??? This should be Titan built head/cams/injectors/nitorous/all that go fast stuff!!!.....LOL
Lol yea im backing off on the idea and just going for the injectors/ haltech :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.