Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this is a long thread, but if you know anything about wheel fitmit and have a few minutes to help me out I would really appreciate it.

Well the time has finally come and I'm getting rid of my stockers and picking up a set of CCW's.

What I didn't realize until today is that I really have no idea what sizes do and do not fit without rolling the fenders.

I searched around and found some good info, but I just want to be 100% positive that what I order is going to fit, because I don't want to get them on and find out that they rub when I turn out of the parking lot for the first time.

Here is what I'm thinking...

CCW 505A: http://www.ccwheel.com/files/wheelprofiles-model.php?id=505a

I am definately going with 19 in but I'm not sure exactly how wide yet. I would prefer 11" wide in back and probably 9.5" in front. IF THEY WILL FIT.

I think I am going to go with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires.

I guess I want to know if I could fit a 295/30/19 on the 11" rears and a 255/35/19 tires on the 9.5" fronts.

I do NOT want to have to do any fender rolling/ cutting at ALL.

Please let me know your thoughts on my selections. I'd like to get this taken care of ASAP so I can order the wheels/ tires. Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
hey joey you should pm'ed steve jarvis he knows alot about fitments with wheels.

Ponny

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SupraKhmer96 said:
hey joey you should pm'ed steve jarvis he knows alot about fitments with wheels.

Ponny
Thanks man, I checked his wheel/ tire fitment guide in the FAQ section.

If I don't get any good responses to this thread within a day or so I'll shoot him a PM. Thank you. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
no problem bro!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Joey, man I envy you. CCW 505A's are my absolute 1st choice to, but in 18's. Go with Jarvis's wheel fitment chart. He has done a lot of research and he is dead on. The chart can be found on MKIV.com or T04R.com I think. I printed it off a long time ago, but not sure from where.

Hate to tell you but you aren't going to get your size choice without fender "work". The only reason I am not running 10's and 11's is because of that. My paint is 100% stock and in great shape and I won't take any chances with fender work screwing it up.

Good luck with it.

Harry

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Harry, what size wheels and tires do you have in rear?

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
James I'm probably going to keep the stockers.

Just incase I ever need a spare set or if I take it to the track or something...

Sorry man. :(

·
98 RSP TT
2,532 Posts
BARTON said:
Hate to tell you but you aren't going to get your size choice without fender "work".
agreed, my HRES are 10.5 in the back and my tires are 275 i believe and i had to get them rolled cuz my tire was getn fd up

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Eric_C said:
agreed, my HRES are 10.5 in the back and my tires are 275 i believe and i had to get them rolled cuz my tire was getn fd up
Eric, 18's or 19's? Thanks.

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
MadMaxx said:
I need your stockers. I'm going to go back to stock wheels and sell these aftermarket 18's.

Make me a deal ;)
What wheels do you have for sale my friend?? And Joey good friggin chocice on wheels man!!!! good luck with them, and nice prom date :) haha

Matt

·
Banned
338 Posts
on my quicksilver with tein flex coilovers i have 295/19 Continental Contisport II Tires, as you may know, they are same as 315's. my fenders are not rolled or trimmed. 19x11 rims in rears, fyi.

on my white supra with stock suspension i have 19x10.5 rims in rears with 275 nitto 555 tires. no rolling, no modifications at all. no rubbing.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm confused. Some people say they had to roll the fenders to fit 275's and others can fit 295's without any rolling?

How is this?

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bump - still need help deciding which tires to get...:(

·
Banned
338 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Those wheels are awesome!! It'll help if you provide the offsets of the wheels. Good luck Joey, can't wait to see it when you get them!

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
It's all about the one thing most people forget to mention, OFFSETS.

You may be able to run a 11" wheel, but I doubt you will do it with a 295/30R19. Plus the tire you mentioned isn't available in a 295.

If you want to stick with the Michelin, than I would recommend a 19x11" +52mm offset with a 285/30R19 for the rear.

On the front I would recommend the following. A 19x9.5" +50mm offset wheel with a 275/30R19.

I currently run a 285 front and 295 rear with stock fenders, so don't worry.

Later, Steve

1 - 20 of 47 Posts