Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm on the market for a new set of wheels and tires, and everything wondering about wheel fitment seems to be asking the wrong question, that is, what's the biggest size tire we can mount?

But to me, that's a little useless, since it all depends on ride height, fender mods, wheel size, etc. So I ask the question, how much clearance is there between the stock setup and the suspension components? Or rather, what's the closest people have gotten to the suspension in terms of tire/wheel width and offset with 18" wheels? To me, it looks like the front tires and the sway bar get pretty close at full lock.

And a related question, has anyone noticed any change in steering due to a wider scrub radius? My main concern is of any adverse effects to the steering that would result from poorly chosen wheel fitment.

Note that I will be running very little camber and toe with caster as close to stock as possible. Also, I'm only asking about the fronts, as I will be throwing in the same size for front and rear.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't exactly answer my question, but very useful nonetheless! Sometimes I completely forget about SM and wish there was more input on the database on this forum. Btw, I love your car, Rodel!... and your apparent inability to be perfectly satisfied by one single set of wheels :hail:

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Doesn't exactly answer my question, but very useful nonetheless! Sometimes I completely forget about SM and wish there was more input on the database on this forum. Btw, I love your car, Rodel!... and your apparent inability to be perfectly satisfied by one single set of wheels :hail:
If anyone can answer your question exactly, it would be Amar Cleveland.

Thanks for the compliment. I love wheels!

·
Resetting
1,666 Posts
17x9 +10 235/40/17 17x10 +15 255/40/17

will clear stock body on stock alignment pretty damn low if that's how low you desire to go. Done it personally with work meister S1's and Advans.

...personally took my car to the pavement then raised it up on that setup.

·
Registered
806 Posts
17x9 +10 235/40/17 17x10 +15 255/40/17

will clear stock body on stock alignment pretty damn low if that's how low you desire to go. Done it personally with work meister S1's and Advans.

...personally took my car to the pavement then raised it up on that setup.

do you have any pics of that setup?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not really... although it wouldn't hurt if you put that setup in the sticky fitment database. I tried on a friend's wheels which are slightly larger than mine, which got me a better but not perfect idea of the kind of space I can play around with.

·
Slow MK3
3,160 Posts
I m lowered and running 255 all around on my supra. 17x9 in the front i believe and 17x10.5 in the back?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts