Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve, or anybody..

What is the recommended offset size for the Supra in 18x9 and 18x10" SSR GT3 rims. I called tire rack and they told me they have 44MM FRONT AND 41MM REAR. They said they also have other offsets, but I wouldnt know what to tell him. Also what tires would u guys recommend? Hows 255/40 front and 285/35 rear sound? TIA

DakaDan

·
Registered
15 Posts
I believe the optimum would be ~40-42mm up front and ~48-52mm in the rear. This offset **should** give you room to run 245/40/18's up front (or 265/35/18 if you prefer) and 285/35/18 or 295/35/18 in the rear.

My wheels are 38mm up front and 45mm in the rear. I run 245/40/18's in the front (NO rubbing). 285/35/18 in the rear (some trimming of fender was required).

J

·
0 Posts
What offset are the blitz wheels? Ive always wondered because they give out some of the best deep dish looks ive seen.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would tire size matter if the car was lowered or not? I would like to run the max I can....

DakaDan

·
Registered
482 Posts
Daka do it once and do it right. Few weeks ago when i was shopping for 18" wheels no one could seem to tell me any thing with surity not untill i spoke to Steve Jarvis ( he's da man !). He told me to get 18x9.5 with 50mm ofset for the front and 18x10.5 with 55 mm offset for the rear. Well Kinesis don't offer those #'s so i ended up getting 45mm for the front and 57 mm for the rear with 265/35 upfront and 295/30 on the rear with out any rubbing or any fender wall modifications :D
However after putting the wheels on i realized that the front tires r just under the wheel well & i would have preferred 50 mm ofset as then the wheels would have been tugged just under the WW. Similarly the rear one r hair shade tugged under the wheelwell and i would have preferred them out a little bit (both these things would have been perfect had i gotten 50/55 mm offset :( So in net shell to put 265/295 combo u would need an offset of 45-50 mm upfront and 55-57 mm on the rear. Hope this helps.
Regards. Yasir

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the response guys........I'll see what offsets Tirerack has available......

DakaDan
Still waiting for Steve's opinon.... :D

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Yasir,

Daka was asking about 18x9 and 18x10 but u gave offset numbers on 18x9.5 and 18x10.5.
How much difference should there be in the offsets.

Would 45mm front and 50mm rear work on 18x9 and 18x10.
Thanks,
Taimur.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Taimur, your right...... I did ask about 18x9 and 18x10. Thanx for noticing. UMMM, does anyone have any other suggestions....

DakaDan

·
Registered
482 Posts
Daka & Taimur yes i noticed that too but i thought he wanted fatter tires so to give him an idea i mentioned the bigger tires. So what i meant was,if i can put the big tires like that why can't u put the bigger tires with correct offset. Also why go with 18x9 and 18x10 when u can get bigger wheel and tire combo. Ask Steve Jarvis as he'll b able to help u with any further q's.
Regatds. Yasir

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
up

·
3,148 Posts
Sorry, I have been off the list for a while. Give me a list of the widths and offsets that are available and I will recommend something. I would definitely try for the 9.5" and 10.5" if at all possible. You can actually 265 front and 295 rear on a 9" and 10" wheel and you would need the offsets Yasir recommended. Remember that the tire is wider than the wheel anyways. Since the tire is what you need clearance for you would need an offset that locates the tire correctly regardless of whether you have 9" or 9.5" wheels on the front. For a 9" and 10" wheel I would probably recommend a 255/35 front and a 285/30 rear. Again let me know the available offsets and I will recommend something.

Later, Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts