Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am considering getting these for both front and rear:
17x9.5 @ 30mm offset

They are cheap which is why I'm considering them. Will these work on the MKIV? Will they stick out too much?

What are the widths and the offsets of the stock rims?

Once last thing, will stock 235 tires fit on them in front? 9.5 inches works out to 241mm.

Thanks a bunch!

later,
Amir

·
3,148 Posts
They will not work. The stock offsets are 50mm front and rear.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve,

The question is why not? Will they stick out too far out beyond the wheelwell?

I'm trying to judge first whether it will fit and second whether it will look right.

Steve, you ran these below:
DP Motorsports Carrera Cup wheels
18x8.5" F (35mm off-set) and 18x9.5" R (35mm off-set)
with Pirelli P-Zero 235/40ZR18 F and 275/35ZR18 R
(old wheels)

These are pretty close to what I'm considering. How well did they work for you? Did you have any rubbing problems?

For the rear, the ones I'm considering will stick out 1/5" (35-30 = 5mm) more. I don't think it should rub, unless yours were really close.

For the front, it will stick out 7/10" (9.5"-8.5" then /2 and +5mm) more than the ones you put on. How well did yours fit?

Thanks again!

later,
Amir

·
3,148 Posts
My rear tires rubbed even with only a 265/35 on the back and you are going to be sticking out farther. Keep in mind that my front wheel was only an 8.5" not a 9.5". You would be running a 245 in the rear and the fronts probably wouldn't work at all.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay...now I get it. I'll look around for something else.

I just wanted to make sure and I didn't have enough data out there to judge it myself. Thanks Steve :).

later,
Amir

J

·
0 Posts
Steve Jarvis help!

Saw your post about 50mm offset front & rear--even on my '95 NA? Dazz/Racing Hart says for 18 x 8 1/2 front offset 39 for 9 1/2 rear should be 44? Your C5's very similar to m5's I want, so what off sets & sizes on yours? Tires are Pirell P7000SS 235-40 18 front & 255-35-18 rear. What are ideal offsets? Any potential negative effects for 39 front & 44 rear. Your help will be greatly appreciated! thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts