Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1jz destroyer
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have searched and havent really found out what i need to know about getting the correct size wheels for my mk3. i am looking for 17x10s wich is easy but i am concerned about wheel offset spacing. what offset am i looking for ? i want them to be damn near rubbing my quarter panels. i havent been able to come across the stock offset either. so i dont even know where to begin. i tried goin to a couple local wheel/ tire stores and they just pissed me off so fast . they dont understand anything. plus they charge way the f too much. thanx for any help .

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
I'm running 17x10's with a +35 offset. They don't rub, but others who have run these wheels have said that they did. I you wanted, you could move the offset in a little to a +38 or a +40 and it would be perfect.

As for the fronts, I wouldn't go much wider than a 9.5. I'm running a 9" right now +35 and it's just right. You could possibly run a lower offset, say, out to a +30, but I think you'd rub if you lowered your car too much. I occassionally rub my fronts but that's because I have a little wheel arch guards that rub from the inside. If they weren't in place, it wouldn't rub at all.

So... Rear....

For a 10" wheel, I would recommend anywhere from a +50mm that moves it further inside to a +38 for an optimal fit.

Front...

I'd run a 9" wheel with a +40 for a nice fit lowered extreme to a +35 optimal fit, to a +30 for a pushed out to the wheel well look. I'd personally not go lower than a +35 however.

That should give you a range to work with.

Pictures for reference:

Best of luck to you.

Chris

·
1jz destroyer
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx man thats very helpful. what rims are those your running ?? they are very similar to the ones im looking for ! and no my car isnt even lowered. i live in michigan and the pot holes just suck too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts