Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How thick can you go with wheel spacers before it becomes a problem? Trying to flush my wheels to the fenders (supra offset), not too much spacing required but I still want to know the limits.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Supras already have a pretty high offset.

usually its up to 35mm is used on spacers, i would think around 10-15 would be enough for most wheels on a stock bodied supra

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts
My friend is running a 25mm spacer, with a 7 mm on top of it, ...on a SC300. No problems so far.

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
I had 10MM spacers on my car, when I had my Work Meisters. The Rays lugs that I had BARELY held the wheels on. I wasn't running extended studs at the time, but ended up having to buy them.

·
Registered
361 Posts
u didnt clarify what sort of spacers you meant.

if its less than 10mm then you can use slip on spacers although that eliminates the "lip" that the wheel sits on and isnt the most ideal solution.
Longer studs may be required.

If its greater than 10mm you would definitely want to use a bolt on hub adapter.

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts
Make sure your spacers are hubcentric. For 7mm you MIGHT need longer studs.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I had a set of custom made hubcentric spacers.
60.1mm inner bore then the outer bore was 72.6 to work
with my wheels.
8mm thick and used extended studs for safety.
I am gonna go with 12mm now to see how they look.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Can anyone reccomend any shops to make a set of custom spacers?

Ive purchased a set that are just completely useless and there isnt one readily available in the sizes i need.

Also rough idea on price would be helpful, thanks.

(sorry to butt in on your thread airpowr)

·
ΣΦE
445 Posts
I would just buy the H&R spacers from www.shox.com. They come with extended studs and the spacers are hubcentric. They're high quality and the weight is equally distributed.

Even with 5mm spacers, I felt the lugs didn't turn enough times (up front) so I ran extended studs with them. I now run 15mm up front, of course with new extended studs all from H&R. BTW, you have to order the MKIII spacers, they're the same.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Thanks a lot SupraDOc.

It's just that my friend is shopping from HPF and i wouldn't bother him with this from another shop (you know; sperate delivery and so on).

Doesnt ARP (see link above) have something that'll fit the supra and extend them 10mm or so?

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
Can anyone reccomend any shops to make a set of custom spacers?

Ive purchased a set that are just completely useless and there isnt one readily available in the sizes i need.

Also rough idea on price would be helpful, thanks.

(sorry to butt in on your thread airpowr)
wheeladapter.com

Fred is a great guy to work with

1 - 20 of 22 Posts