Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the best ways of eliminating wheel spin?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that would be the cheapest i guess... but i was looking more for suspension/ tire options

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
Slicks, and lower pressure.... I suppose softer suspension in the rear, and stiffer in the front, will cause more force to the back of the car and cause a better hook up.... but anything else is whatever.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
I have a funny story, happened today, and I thought the title of this thread fit the story... he he...

*Don't try this at home kids! :lol:

Ok, so today at my High School, some idiot decides to pull the fire alarm right as 6th period was begining. When the fire alarm is pulled, everyone (about 1300 students) are forced out on the football field to stand in lines, then the fire department comes, and even if it is a false alarm they check the building etc.. So anyway, about 20mins later, everything checks ok, and we all go back inside. During those 20 minutes outside I was talkin with one of my friends, and I said "man, if you ever wanted to do a burnout, this would be the time, right up there on that street, everyone in the whole school would see. Wouldn't that be funny as hell?" Anyway, everyone goes back inside, back to their 6th period classes, and about 10 minutes into the already shortened class, the fire alarm goes off AGAIN! :eek: The first thought that goes into my mind is... yea... you know what it was :D Seein as there is only 25 minutes left of school, I just go find my friend, and we goto the supe. We geddin, let her warm up, and off we go to that street that is right above the football field. We get up there, there are 100's of kids everywhere, up on that street, down on the field.... So I pull up right in view of everyone, rev to around 4500-5000k and drop that puppy! :) Hold it to the floor, sit for a few seconds then I am outta there...
Yea, some people may think it was irresponsible or stupid... and it was... that's why you don't try it at home...kids!!! ;)

(Sorry, not trying to jack the thread...)

·
Registered
270 Posts
sounds fun but you do realize that about 99% of the school now thinks you are a dumbass trying to look cool. At least thats how it was when I was in high school. I dont know maybe it is different for you.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
yea, I didn't really care what people were gonna think of me, just thought it would be funny, which it was.. Just havin fun with my friends, that's what it's all about :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
burnouts are great... but expensive when still in school... tires arnt cheap :) but when your pationate about your car you will do anything to show off :p

myself i dont care what other people think about my car... its my hobby ..

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
I would do that.... It would go like this...

High school let out:

The kids in their civics (Reving and racing around showing off)

Then I would roll out of my best all highschool long parking spot,,, and everyone stopped and respected the car,,, The first day I drove it to school, no one cared... and cut me off, and parked in my spot.... so one day I boosted through the parking lot, obviously making the most noise any amount of civics put together could make. and after that.... every one got out of my way, and no one ever messed with us.

Supra and I

·
Registered
400 Posts
yeah i hated those dam kids in hs with there honduhs
revving out there cars trying to catch everyones eyes and ears
and here i come waiting behind the little $hit to finish so i can
get out of the parking lot, when i just rev mine up a little
to scare them with the BOV and all of a sudden they stop and
look at me and drive away....slowly and quietly
**Big dogs dont need to bark**

Was the same in college too!!

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
MK3Brent said:
I suppose softer suspension in the rear, and stiffer in the front, will cause more force to the back of the car and cause a better hook up.... but anything else is whatever.
Got that backwards, you want a stiffer rear so it plants the tires instead of squatting, and softer in the front will allow the front to rise, therefore shifting more weight to the rear. I haven't tried it yet, but they sell spring stiffeners at Pep Boys, I'm sure a few of those in the rear will help it launch harder. Good Luck

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
whoops, I forgot to put my input on the actual topic...

Wide wheels/tires can help alot, new suspension setup helps too. After I put my new tires and suspension on there, it handles WAY better, and I can launch soooo much faster, its great! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
468 Posts
haha

hey fatboy thats EXACTLY what i wolda done done haha yeah im sure some people would have thought it was immature or something, maybe even dumb, but i know for me, ive put sooo much work in my car, its fun to show off every once in a while ;) specially when the WHOLE school gets to see :).. damn i wish there were some more cool supra people around here, that were still in highschool.. everyone out here is older or lives far away. I have the only mk3 at my school, but i do get alota complents on it cause i no one has them haha so thats cool :).. now that i think about it.. no one had my school is really in to cars.... theres like NO nice cars there.. weve got hondas with 20's some old rusted beeeters buit one nice chevelle and thats about it :( oo well

3,796 Posts
If you have TEMS especially with the SOGI FIRM mod, set the struts to normal, pop the hood and unplug the front tems controllers and then set the tems to firm. This way the fronts will will be soft and the rears hard.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
....yea, most people give me props, least after they ride in my car :D I just can't stand the people that ask me what type of car I have, I say I got a supra, and they are like, "WOW! what year??" I'm like... 89. Then they are like, "The one with the flip up lights? That's weak!" ....bastids..

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
fatboy said:
....yea, most people give me props, least after they ride in my car :D I just can't stand the people that ask me what type of car I have, I say I got a supra, and they are like, "WOW! what year??" I'm like... 89. Then they are like, "The one with the flip up lights? That's weak!" ....bastids..

Haha yeah.. some one said "That's not a Supra... It doesn't look anything like the one in the Fast and the Furious."

GOD!!!!! **PUNCH**

·
Registered
468 Posts
haha thats when you ask what you drive? and they say.. a honda.. and you say "A 4cyl? Thats weak!" i like the way the mk3 looks over a mk4, the only thing that catches me on the newer ones are there asses! damn... *drools* oh and there int. other wise mk3 kicks ass

1 - 20 of 25 Posts