Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi MVP,

I see your tire section on your website is under construction... are you guys doing wheel/tire combos now?

If so... I would like a quote for grey/silver Gram Light 57Pro's with BFG TA KDW 2's in

265/35/18 F
295/35/18 R

I'm not sure if the 265's would fit in front, please advise.

My rear fenders are rolled.

Thanks a lot guys.

Mike Hughes
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
10,091 Posts
Sorry but we will not be doing wheel/tire installs. It simply isn't what I am ready to get into. It takes a full time, knowledgeable person to install tires on nice wheels properly and not mess them up. I don't want that responsibility, so we are sticking to selling them separately and allowing the end user to install at a place of their choice.

Regards,

Dusty

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dusty,

Fair enough... is there any truth to the rumor that these wheels bend easily?

Also, can you beat tirerack on tires?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Premium Member
10,091 Posts
The 57 Pro is forged.

All other Gram Lights are cast, thus weak in comparison to forged wheels. Most cheaper wheels are cast, i.e. most Enkei, Voxx, and virtually every set of wheels you can get for $1600 or less.

Forged wheels, like all the other Volks (GT series, SF series, etc.) are VERY strong and I have never had ANY problems with any of the hundreds of sets we have sold.

Regards,

Dusty

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dusty,

Great, thanks for the info. What's the wait time on a set?

Mike

·
Premium Member
10,091 Posts
Mike Hughes said:
Dusty,

Great, thanks for the info. What's the wait time on a set?

Mike

I have a couple of extra sets on order, ETA is about 4-6 more weeks off the top of my head.

Regards,

Dusty

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Dusty,

I just ordered a set from your website.

Do these come with rings and lugnuts?

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have read on multiple sites that the 57Pros are cast and not forged.

57F's are the forged wheels. Is this not true?

V8 Killer said:
The 57 Pro is forged.

All other Gram Lights are cast, thus weak. Most cheaper wheels are cast, i.e. most Enkei, Voxx, and virtually every set of wheels you can get for $1600 or less.

Forged wheels, like all the other Volks (GT series, SF series, etc.) are VERY strong and I have never had ANY problems with any of the hundreds of sets we have sold.

Regards,

Dusty

·
Premium Member
10,091 Posts
Important correction!

57 Pro are 2-piece cast.

The standard "57" is the forged wheel.

I hate it when my normal Volk guy is out of office. I got this info from someone else there who apparently I won't be talking to again.

Very sorry for the bad information, let me know if you want to cancel the order. No charge has been made to your credit card.

Regards,

Dusty

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hi Dusty,

Thanks for the quick reply. Please cancel my order for this set of wheels.

Can you get me a quote on a forged 57F series wheel in 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 (that's all they make in that model, apparently).

** Also, does the set come with all the required hardware like valve stems, etc?

Sorry to spam your forum with a link to another distributor, but http://www.gramlights.com/index2.html has a good breakdown of all available Gram Light wheels and their construction.

V8 Killer said:
Important correction!

57 Pro are 2-piece cast.

The standard "57" is the forged wheel.

I hate it when my normal Volk guy is out of office. I got this info from someone else there who apparently I won't be talking to again.

Very sorry for the bad information, let me know if you want to cancel the order. No charge has been made to your credit card.

Regards,

Dusty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts