Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
S2 // SZ // Manual
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, anyone know how to fix this issue with bolts? I believe these were supposed to be m6 bolts or similar, however mine are a mix of bolts and self tapping screws (mostly self tapping screws). I think the previous owner used screws that are slightly larger than m6s so some of the holes don't tighten :(
I'm trying to replace them and secure the plastics, you can see some placed in the photo (yes they aren't tightened down, it's so I can adjust plastic as I put the bolts in).

Am I wrong? Are they supposed to be self tapping?
Does anyone know the actual bolts needed? Also, since some of the holes are different (larger sizes) how can I work around this issue? I'm not sure if larger bolts will work, I also don't want to have mismatching bolts. There should be a way to wrap the bolts in something to make it fit in, or some plastic cover they are put into but I don't know

Sleeve Wood Font Asphalt Personal protective equipment
White Font Jewellery Auto part Body jewelry
Outerwear Wood Textile Sleeve Grey

·
Super Moderator
13,857 Posts
If it threads into a plastic anchor, it's supposed to be that pointed coarse thread bolt that's a combo philips and 10mm hex. If it threads into metal, it's supposed to be an M6 as pictured.

·
Master Shit Fixer
4,983 Posts
OP you can replace your plastic grommets/anchors, and the stock hardware will tighten nicely.

·
Master Shit Fixer
4,983 Posts
OEM replacements only, or can I get away with some generic ones from eBay?
I dunno. For that little stuff (like most other stuff actually), I go OEM for the Supras.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts