Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always had my mind set on HRES until i started looking for some cheaper rims for the 350z, I came across the gunmetal volks with the polished lip, which looks really nice, I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of these or other gunmetal rims on a black supra, and if anyone knows the quality of Volks? I think I heard they were pretty good quality. Any other links,good prices or any other help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,508 Posts
I saw those rims on a 350z at a car show a few months ago.. the Z was the darker silver color and I fell in love w/ those rims. Ever since then I was wondering how they would look on my black supra too, although after searching I have been unable to find a picture of them. Maybe someone will be kind enough to photoshop a set on a black dawg for us (I would but I suck w/ photoshop).

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, i was thinking about photoshop too,i suck also, but ill try it anyway...ill let you know how it goes :D

·
10 Second Club
204 Posts
Some low quality pictures for you -

Had the Volks on for about 1000 miles. Never had a problem with them, fit and finish was excellent.

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice but are the gun metal or black? I still like the volks in my pic better though :)

·
10 Second Club
204 Posts
The Volks were gunmetal.

I've never been a big fan of Volks in general. I picked up the GT-Ns so I could get the car off jackstands, sold them about 8 months later, putting on less than 1000 miles.

The SF Challenges you posted aren't bad. Spokes are a little too thin for the Supra, but if you like them...by all means.

One thind I'd watch out for is the finish, gunmetal, or whatever it may be, flaking off around the lug nut area if you remove the wheels often.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,508 Posts
Damn never heard of the problem w/ the gunmetal flaking off before. I am considering getting my stock wheels powdercoated to gunmetal b/c a Supra is a big expense for a 19 y/o's budget and a nice set of rims is a few grand and thats not really practical for me right now. I have done a search for powder coating the stock wheels, but would be interested in more pictures if anyone has this done to their MKIVs, that process is more realistic for my budget at the moment and I think the stock wheels would look good in gunmetal. There is a set in somone sig on here that I have seen before and they looked great on that car.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Its azmongoose that has their rims done i just dont know if thier powdercoated. I am having mine done in a week or two i will post pics. Just like you said alot more affordable especially for only $30 a wheel

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
My old GT-C's. I had no problems with Volks, they seemed like a great wheel for the price... I just wanted bigger.

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i3oca said:
Bryan....

my car has the volk gt-n's in gunmetal....you can check them out here.....

Supra
Thanks, I still dont know what I want to do, they look realy good close up of just the rim but I dont know if I like the whole picture of them far away on the car...I dont know :( if anyone has anymore pictures that would be great!

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh and if anyone has any pictures of black supras with HRE 545's id love to see that too..I think Adams car is the only one with them, but its not black. Im deciding between those 2 rims
Thanks
-Bryan

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,508 Posts
First of all... Euphoric your car is amazing.. I think it looks great! Thanks Suprafly for the post w/ the photoshop, they look decent I think but just not as good as I expected. Im still thinking Im going to go the whole powercoating the stock wheels route for now, its more in my budget. Thanks for the pics of all the wheels guys!

·
Armed to the Teeth
243 Posts
Gunmetal wheels look great on any color body IMO. Nice!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts