Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Finally I got my new wheels on the supra. they are volks GT-C Gold.

The rears are 18x10 +43 offset. fitted with Falken FK-452 285\35\18

I'm running stock suspension but have ordered some Eibach springs to get a nicer look. But Im beginning to be a bit worried.. Just fitted the wheels so have not been able to test to much, But 2 times I have squated the car so bad It rubbed a bit in the back. Tried several times but was hard to do it, but as said happened 2 times going strong on 2nd gear. It's only a bpu ++ car so not the most impressive squating, but just enough that it rubbed 2 times.

My question is. are the Eibach so much stiffer than stock that this squating won't be a problem or will it definetly be a problem. The car is stock body and I was hoping to keep it that way. no fender rolling or cutting advice please. I'd rather buy different offset for the rear than go that route.

My suspension is completely stock.. maybe if I changed the shocks aswell it would be stiff enough to not squat that bad..

I will be very thankful for honest answers and good advice.

Robert

· Wheel Fitment Guru
4,886 Posts
I'm running the same wheels but with 275's on the back and my car is lowered and I have absolutely no issues. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure I can tuck a 285 back there without rolling the fenders. Something sounds weird.

R.K.

· Registered
13,982 Posts
I have 10-1/2" rear wheels at +45mm offset and over last several years I've run various brands of 285/30 rear tires and never any interference under any conditions, car lowered about 1-1/4" with no fender mods at all.

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pictures say more than 1000 words.

Tried a closeup, but my camera skills suck.

Think you can see where on the tire it rubbed on the 2 occasions.

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and for another question. shouldnn't these rims come with Hubrings. those wheel centering thingys?

· Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
6,330 Posts
yeah should have went with a 42 or even 45 offset, the 5-8mm makes a difference.. i know you dont want to roll but that is the only options besides new rims. unless you get difference suspension that is stiff as hell.

· Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
6,330 Posts
and for another question. shouldnn't these rims come with Hubrings. those wheel centering thingys?
Should come with hub rings..esp if you bought it new from a big shop that knows your putting it on a supra. MVP will send you the rims with rings.

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The shop I bought the rims from are idiots, but that's a different story in another country. they still have not sent my the center caps for them, been nagging on it for a good while 2 years and running. ended up ordering them from mvp. :(

This was a real let down.. can you buy only 2 rims from mvp or others ?
If not I think I will have to argue with myself about either getting a new set of rims or rolling the fenderlip.. Doesn't rubb on normal driving now so I think I will leave it as is for now..

Really annoying.. The shop I bought the rims from said I didn't have to choose offset because they knew what would fit.. MY ASS!

Really annoying..

· Actual Member Since 2003
4,520 Posts
no you can buy 2 wheels from any company, shouldn't be a problem. Hell you can just buy one if you wanted. If it were my car, I would have rolled or cut the fenders (which I already did). The rear quarter panels are thick as hell and wont flex at all. Just contact MVP if you want 2 rear wheels. I am sure dusty will assist you on that.

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really need to think about this for a while. hmmmm.. I really don't want to cut the fenders, since I want to keep it stock body. Buying 2 wheels is an option, but who the hell would buy the other 2 wheels. :(

Maybe I should just sell the whole lot and go all in for another set of wheels.. I think I should have went 19" rims instead of 18" anyway. So last solution might not be to bad.

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just quoted a custom body shop on rolling the fenders.. Looks like the cheapest way.. really didn't want to hack up this car:crying:

· WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
9,209 Posts
just quoted a custom body shop on rolling the fenders.. Looks like the cheapest way.. really didn't want to hack up this car:crying:
No sir. Nothing wrong with that if it's done CORRECTLY. 100% perfect is the only way. If you're not comfortable, PM me. I will tell you a GOOD plan B to mod the fenders!!

· Registered
928 Posts
you know with the new springs there is a good chance dropping the car some will bring the wheels in enough that you will no longer have problems with rubbing. The tire iyou are running is really not that agressively sized despite the somewhat differing offset you may be fine, that being said, my fenders are rolled and i have a 315 stuffed under the stock body, and it is the nicest look i have ever seen (imo) rolling really isnt too big of a deal

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.