Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
says
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to go single turbo within 10 months. Can I keep the engine/tranny I have in my car now? Or should I buy a new Toyota Shortblock ,or one of those 3.3 liter JUN strokers, or what? also, when I said "stock", I Just meant the engine/tranny that came with the car, I do plan on modding the thing before single :)

L

·
0 Posts
depends on the transmission you have. if you have a 6spd, you will just need a new clutch setup. if you have a auto, you'll probably have to get a level 10 tranny upgrade.
as far as the engine goes, it depends on what size turbo you go with. if you go with a turbo smaller than a t-63/sp63 you can probably get by with just the stock fuel system, but i'd recommend atleast a vpc, and fmic. if you go bigger you'll need to upgrade the entire fuel system. maybe some engine internals depending on what size you with. but i have heard of people slapping on a t78 with stock fuel, stock motor, but can only turn it up to about 14psi, i don't recommend that. personally the most important thing about going single is FUEL. and i bet most people would agree with me.
you might want to rebuild the motor though IF your car has a lot of miles. hope this helps.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
get a sp60 or SMALLER if you plan to run stock fuel. ive got a t78 on stock fuel now and it sucks. it still pulls harder then bpu at 1kg/cm..but its hard knowing that you can have twice the car you have now with a fuel system. plus with a boost spike or something theres a good chance you will lean out and blow the engine. my suggestion if you want big power then dont get a single without a fuel system. but anyways to your question..you will need a new clutch if its 6speed, thats a given

·
boost is good
772 Posts
nope, i was planning on going, but at the last minute all my friends that were suppose to go decided that it would be better just to sit around all weekend and talk about how awsome it would have been to go.

B

·
0 Posts
Ah, dont feel too bad. I went but my car didnt. We took my girlfriend's Cavilier. I was gonna change out stock twins and put on a bottle for the show but once I got the stockers off I decided they were never going back on and ordered a single. The kit will be here tomorrow. Its an SP57. Should be fun:)

·
boost is good
772 Posts
gotta love the cavi's lol. yeah, when i took my stock twins out the whole time i was thinking, how in the hell would these things go back in. now i can see why a toyota mechanic would use any excuse possible not to replace them under warrenty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts