Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where does the 2nd turbo for the stock twins come on line? and where is that hesitation for most obd1 mkiv tt when the 2nd turbo comes on line?...i remmeber hearing 4-5k rpm right?

thankxx

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
Mine comes on right at 4,000 rpm, with a bit of a harder kick in the pants feel. I've got stock twins running about 12 psi, plus BPU and a fmic. Probably doesn't change much.

What hesitation, exactly are you wondering about? I don't seem to notice any! First turbo spools around 3,000 and I just get a little harder shove at 4,000 with the 2nd online.

·
Doin' the Monster Mash
156 Posts
First turbo for me is anywhere from 1500-2000rpm (full boost by 2500rpm), changeover starts at about 3000rpmish with both turbos coming online at approximately 3800rpm, can feel a big push when both are online compared to only the first spooling.

In TTC both would start boosting at around 3500rpm.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
suprafaz said:
where does the 2nd turbo for the stock twins come on line? and where is that hesitation for most obd1 mkiv tt when the 2nd turbo comes on line?...i remmeber hearing 4-5k rpm right?

thankxx
Hesitation? Are you referring to the OBD I "Lean Spot" or the 2nd turbo transition?

·
The WOMANIZER
249 Posts
I dont really "feel" my second turbo until 3rd gear (automatic) and at 4500 RPM's then I get a big kick in the pants from 65 mph to 1??

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
if your turbos aren't coming online until 5k rpm, i would check your VSV's to make sure they're operating correctly. There is something obviously wrong with your sequential system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts