Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I was wanting to know where some of you people get such badass deals on your supras? I see some people only paid like $5-700 for a damn nice MKIII. I personally paid $4000 for mine, which was ridiculous considering the condition it was in. I search far and wide for cheap supes, but can't find shit for less than $2000.

So, just tell me where you got your supe and how much you paid for it. Give a basic description of what condition it was in and if you think you got a good deal on it.

89T-$4000
193,xxx miles + BHG

me=dumbass

G

·
I paid 2 grand for my supra. It had a fuct differential, leaking exhaust gasket, and some rust going on in the rear fenders and scratches on the targa.
diff went out, bhg and clutch. still altogether though, I bet its under 4 k:) and the rust, yeah I just went out and bought a rust free body(cept the subframe....damn broken bolt...dammit...fucking.....damn. so take on another 400. I'd say for a little more than waht you paid for, I have two 89 supras, 1500 bucks in new parts.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, but i sold it for $3500 and estimate that with all the parts and shit i threw at it i lost about $2000

its funny looking back at it, but its sucked fat monkey nuts when it was happening

G

·
dont feel too bad

I paid $2500 for mine with a BHG and bad paint. It probably doesnt have any bushings left either.

But well, it was a 175,000 mile one-owner that had never been wrecked. It was 5spd, it was targa, it was 89 and had a straight frame and everything with little/no rust. It now has a ~$4000 built motor(plus other stuff) in it and I will be able to run as much HP as I want on it whenever I get the cash to mod it. Well, that and whenever the mechanic who is building it finally finishes the damn thing. Its been over a year. Would you guys wait and not take him to court if he agreed to keep his original quote(which is 1500 less than it should be). Is that worth a year or not, Im in college and have very little money left.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
2,300 good engine. paint is a little fucked up on the hood. but no BHG!!!!!! knock on wood....:p

·
Toyota/Lexus Owner
410 Posts
I got mine for $1,700 and my girl just picked up an 89 turbo/targa auto for $500 bucks. The car is perfect in and out but has rod knock.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fellas, as bad as i want to know how much you paid for it, I also want some hints as where to look for these deals. fuckin $1700, it makes me want to cry :p

I try classifieds, autotrader, internet. blah, its time consuming.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
The cheap Supras are found through networking.. Join your local Supra fan club and suddenly your garage will be filled with projects.. just like mine!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, i guess i could hook up with Rajunz since I am local to Austin. yeah, and i guess Supr4sport.com is here too. not a bad idea.

·
Registered
451 Posts
88 red turbo 5 speed targa, $1750.
150,000 miles BHG that turned out to also have fucked the block.
the paint is ok, the mounling came off the passanger side door and got crushed between the fender on the door nicly leaving a crease in both. So after fixing the Head I found out the block was bad, and now replacing the engine with a complete rebuild.
Oh yeah I also bought a nice leather interior for the car, MK4 wheels, replaced all hoses, new P/S pump and its hoses, a new steering rack, brake rotors all around so after about 5k I still cant drive it.
I still need to get a clutch, DP and catback and $$$$

But i love it

Steve

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
1300$.

Greddy SP 3" cat back exhaust
3" Custom DP
HKS TT
"rebuilt" engine
300zx rims
brand new radiator
NIB Greddy Type s BOV
crappy interior
ok exterior
maroon bumper
Blue paint
:)

As she sits today! Just need to get my little T04B and a few other Misc parts and shes drivable... then the body work and interior work begins!!!! can't wait!

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
got mine for $1,400, the headgasket blew 2 weeks later, and it had an exhaust manifold leak. :D

I saw it parked at the same Fred Meyer for a week, so I guessed the guy worked there, I looked at it, had lots of stuff in it, looked like the guy didn't really want it for what it was, so I left a note on it, he called a week later, said he'd sell it for $1,500, I said how bout $1,400 and we were good :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
got my red 1989 turbo auto targa with 60k miles back in 99, great shape inside and out, ran great. got it from Toyota dealer in 99 for $5500.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,160 Posts
3k for mine..
130K 5spd
89 White package hard top
blue interior

BHG
Dull pain
Lil Rust
Rebuilt turbo
nice $$ rims

It was bought from auction.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Got mine for 7800... 87T with 71k miles, in storage for almost 7 years before I got it.

At the time, supraforums had no MKIII forum. I wish I had the knowledge I have now with you guys back then.

·
IFLYLO
301 Posts
my first MK3 that i bought was an 88 Turbo targa. got it for $1800 off of my cousin. body was in great condition. car ran smoothly. i later traded the car for my uncle's MK3 with rebuilt motor, intake, GReddy SP exhaust, mbc, sound system, etc... not a bad deal, i'd say.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i paid 1300 for mine bad paint a little beat up interior. i/c piping had a hole in it but i gave her a tune up replaced the i/c piping, and put some mt-90 tranny fluid in it and know she runs great but sometimes wants to stall out... still trying to figure it out? but all around it look alright.. blow off valve sounds great also.. i am trying to save up for a full body kit and some rims but i donno if that is going to happen any time soon it. it came w/ a replaced water pump, brake master. still needs a clutch master, & drive shaft mounts but after that i am going to work on the body....

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Got mine through my brothers' friends' dads' friend:D $800 for my 89 NA with 123k miles w/ BHG. Otherwise, the car was in PERFECT shape. Spend another 2300 swaping in the turbo JDM engine with a MHG.

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Look in my sig, found it while driving down the road, thinking about a Supra.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts