Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can buy a big, preferably stainless dump pipe from the stock twin turbos? Would like one without the provision fro the stock wastegate and egbv, so just 2 turbine outlets into one to replace the first cat.

Anyone seen any around the net?

Cheers - Gene

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
Get one fabbed up. Take it to a shop, show em what you want, where you want it to dump to, etc and let them at it.

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
Custom will definitely be cheaper. Some companies have the nerve to charge 400-500 bones for a straightforward pipe that dumps under the car.....actually, the same goes for all the other exhaust parts like mufflers and downpipes, etc... hmmm

Are you going side-exit?

·
Registered
691 Posts
i made mine for $50 out of 304ss... but i knew a welder/fab guy... still 150 should get the job done

-cardboard copy of the top of your downpipe's flange.......free

-8"x8"x3/8" plate of 304.......few bucks at a fab shop

-plate cut with torch to rough shape of template......few bucks

-1' piece of 3.5"ss pipe.......few bucks from internet or shop

-hour under car with the flange bolted tight to get the right angle cut into the end of your pipe and to mark them so they line up......free

-getting the pipe and flange TACKED together so you can test the fit......few bucks

-getting it seam-welded when it fits......few bucks

-hacksawing the excess off level when it fits right......free

-couple days work... open dump sound, power, and spool........priceless

ive run mine for 3 years now with no problems... a little loud for my taste but it will easily outspool the full 4" mandrel exhaust i made (and this is only on factory twins)... main reason, though, is for the added ground clearance...

·
Registered
691 Posts
btw... you could do this whole project in a saturday if the even if you had to drive back and forth to the welder/fab guy a couple times... give them a heads up and have the template ready in the morning...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts