Supra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hey dougieday,

I have seen your panal and think it looks good ..unfortunately your price point is a bit out my range for an item like this. I would certainly be intrested but at a much lower price than I have seen you offer it for in the past.
There seems to be good intrest here maybe do group buy ?

·
Greddy T78
393 Posts
dougieday said:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/796160

Ckeck out my old Supra. I can custom build you one.
Hey

I saw your work on the supra.
With the custom made

Airbag gauge holder (3x60mm)
Glovebox Insert

How much do you want for them ?
In the supra colour...

Check P.M

// André

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hey cullen, thanks for responding, do you have any pics of a painted one installed in car ? Can you make them to hold 52mm gauges instead 60mm ?

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
I see that people are interested in something to hold their extra electronics like gauges and stuff. I know the people that made the gauge holder for Ken Henderson's Supra. and they are willing to make any custom gauge holder for the Supra like Kens or even like the "HKS airbag" gauge holder. All their work would be custom to each person depending on your wants and which gauges you wanna use. I even PMed Ken and hes willing to give his option on the unit and his feelings about it, so people can get first hand option from the person who has one.

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
cullen said:
here is a pic of one of the panels i made.
it fit so close that i used a little velcro and its going no where.
Great craftsmanship, but honestly, it looks like ass with the gauges bulging out like that.

But otherwise, great job! :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
10,709 Posts
Blk96SupraTT said:
I see that people are interested in something to hold their extra electronics like gauges and stuff. I know the people that made the gauge holder for Ken Henderson's Supra. and they are willing to make any custom gauge holder for the Supra like Kens or even like the "HKS airbag" gauge holder. All their work would be custom to each person depending on your wants and which gauges you wanna use. I even PMed Ken and hes willing to give his option on the unit and his feelings about it, so people can get first hand option from the person who has one.
Guys,

I don't know how to post pics, so I emailed Blk96SupraTT some pics of my gauge pod developed for me by Ryan and Lisa Uchida of Creative Car Audio and Motorsports. I originally had my auxiliary gauges installed in the passenger's side air bag and, canted correctly, they can work for most applications.

I subsequently took another approach when I revamped my interior that I feel is the BEST ergonomic solution to additional gauges. Before the pics are posted, I'd like to say this approach doesn't work for everyone from an aesthetic point of view but in terms of form following function, I believe it's the best solution.

Essentially, I have four GReddy peak/hold gauges affixed to the right side of the instrument binnacle as it sweeps down toward the center console. I had Creative attempt to match the color and grain of the factory vinyl and, in this, I believe they did an excellent job.

From the passenger's side of the car, in the pics, the gauge cluster looks like a loaf of bread hanging off the side of the binnacle, but in real life and sitting in the car, it would be difficult to imagine a better solution that places the gauges within easy scanning distance without having to take your eyes off the road at (very) high speed.

Jim Edwards, owner of the Big Smoothie, has something very similar, but his pod is significantly more organic than mine and flows better with the shape of the dash than the shape of my gauge pod. Hopefully, this will all be clearer when the pics are posted.

Ken.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I would like to have one of these panels just to hold a boost controller or turbo timer. No buldges or anything just to flush, one single hole for either. Anybody fabbing these up make them?

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
ok now that finally learned how to post some freakin pictures on here. sorry for the delay. But here are some pictures of ken hendersons supra with the custom gauge holder.

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
Here is a pic of Ken's bread loaf.

-Joe

61 - 80 of 120 Posts