Supra Forums banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
I just had a chance to test fit mine and it was good.
i was very happy with teh fit and look im going to have

I had to sand the inside of each pod area some to get the guages to fit, but i have a very nice snug fit now ...im taking it to a shop tomarrow to see if i can have it covered(yea still have not done it )to match the dash as much as close as i can.

·
Banned
2,499 Posts
i still cant make my mind up, if i want to get something like this for my gauges, or if i should just get a gauge pod, or even get the gauge pod that goes on the side of the dash like you have shown above here. I am more focused on being able to see the gauges while im driving, i dont want to have to take my eyes off the road too much, like the airbag one, i beleive i would have to basically remove my eyes off the road to see those. But they do look hot....its so hard to decide!!

Ben Y

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
XCELR8 said:
Here are pics of the 2nd gauge pod I had built recently (actually just got it back after the 2nd round of tweaking finished today). I wanted to get rid of the A-pillar triple pod because it blocks my vision and also move any other gauges off the instrument panel (I had an tranny oil temp gauge on the left side whichwas too low to see well). I left my AEM A/F gauge in the clock position but had it flush mounted it. I decided to go to smaller 52 mm gauges in the new pod so I could get up to 5 of them mounted (one more than I had before and the new gauge is for engine oil pressure). I'm all gauged out now. :D The guy who did my stereo installation at Car Toys custom made this pod out of fiberglass and it took another round of rework to get it right to my preferences (mainly on the angle of the gauge face cover - the first attempt did not match the angle of the stock instrument panel and the vinyl covering was not done as good as I wanted). Don't ask me if I plan to sell these. They are just too labor intensive. However, maybe the pics can be used by others so they can avoid the trial and error to get the right fitment. The guage face is only temporary as I have another one being sent out for a carbon fiber surface treatment. All in all, I'm alot happier with this setup than the gauge pod on my blue-green supra.

I think this may be more on the right track to what I would get if I went this way. I personally like both setups: gauges along side the dash and the gauges in place of the passenger airbag. I personally would make one modification to this setup: I would make it a *little* more exotic looking, but still clean. I'm not sure *how* to do this, it would prove to be difficult, but what does custom mean if you can't *customize*? :)

Joe

·
Registered
939 Posts
I am defiantly interested in getting my two gauges off of my A-pillar and onto my airbag area (especially since i just had an accident and the airbag is already deployed).

Dougieday- I'm very interested in getting this done, also anybody else who can do this, please PM me the info on getting one done to fit my 2 Apexi 60mm into the airbag panel.

Thanks,
JD

·
Registered
104 Posts
HaYaBuSakLr said:
I am defiantly interested in getting my two gauges off of my A-pillar and onto my airbag area (especially since i just had an accident and the airbag is already deployed).

Dougieday- I'm very interested in getting this done, also anybody else who can do this, please PM me the info on getting one done to fit my 2 Apexi 60mm into the airbag panel.

Thanks,
JD
I can do it just let me exactlly what you want. PM me.
Doug

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
Banned
2,499 Posts
im looking for this!! i need airbag gauge pod holder! i have 3 gauges i have to install!! please PM me! i really need one of these holders for the airbag!

Ben Y

·
Member Since 2000...
909 Posts

I would like to know how much as well, but for 3-60mm's

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
On one of my supras I have both a guage panel off the right side of the instrument cluster and some guages in the airbag. From my experience, unless the guage is easily viewable from your line of sight while driving, you might as well not install it. The airbag location looks cool, but sunlight haze and distance off axis to the line of sight makes it very non-functional.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love interior piece, Do you still have it and are you willing to sell? or do you have dimensions for me so i could make my own?

Thanks,

Here are pics of the 2nd gauge pod I had built recently (actually just got it back after the 2nd round of tweaking finished today). I wanted to get rid of the A-pillar triple pod because it blocks my vision and also move any other gauges off the instrument panel (I had an tranny oil temp gauge on the left side whichwas too low to see well). I left my AEM A/F gauge in the clock position but had it flush mounted it. I decided to go to smaller 52 mm gauges in the new pod so I could get up to 5 of them mounted (one more than I had before and the new gauge is for engine oil pressure). I'm all gauged out now. :D The guy who did my stereo installation at Car Toys custom made this pod out of fiberglass and it took another round of rework to get it right to my preferences (mainly on the angle of the gauge face cover - the first attempt did not match the angle of the stock instrument panel and the vinyl covering was not done as good as I wanted). Don't ask me if I plan to sell these. They are just too labor intensive. However, maybe the pics can be used by others so they can avoid the trial and error to get the right fitment. The guage face is only temporary as I have another one being sent out for a carbon fiber surface treatment. All in all, I'm alot happier with this setup than the gauge pod on my blue-green supra.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering how much this part is worth i have had one of these sitting in my shelve for 5years now (its used rhd)

101 - 120 of 120 Posts