Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys this honestly may seem like a useless thread but where the hell do I find these? I looked in my local stores, looked on ebay, tried searching, and for some reason I can't seem to find them.

Any local stores that you guys know of that carry these? Please don't give places that you think carry them, I need places that you KNOW carry them. Need them ASAP.

·
95 NAT
615 Posts
Bro- I just typed in Silverstar 9006 on Ebay and there's a few on there. Maybe you were typing it wrong. I purchased mine from Ebay.

·
11,221 Posts
MarksSupra33 said:
I looked in my local stores, looked on ebay, tried searching, and for some reason I can't seem to find them.
:stickpoke Pepboys, Autozone, etc all carry them. And eBay DEF carries them.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I think those bulb suck, if you want a good color bulb you need proones i run them in all my cars. They look like HIDs and last for ever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, and sorry for the useless thread.

I typed in silvania 9006 and I guess I maybe typed something wrong.

Advanced, I checked, and no they didn't have anything. I even checked their site and they don't carry Silvania. Maybe yours is different? Anyhow thanks guys, I'll try and scoot over to an autozone a little further out of town.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
i've got 2 for sale... name a price... had them in for a week, decided to go w/ 9005 conversion. PM/email me w/ your price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
carendt242 said:
i've got 2 for sale... name a price... had them in for a week, decided to go w/ 9005 conversion. PM/email me w/ your price.
You went with a 9005 conversion? What do you mean?

I have 9005's in there right now (guy before me) but because they don't entirely fill the rear housing correctly, water got in there. I need something that will correctly fill my housing to a water-tight seal.

·
Registered
156 Posts
mark,
9005 conversion is when you put high beam lights into the low beam housings.

jeremyhelling "with a Dremel and one of those small round bits. If you have a 9005 and a 9006 in front of you, look inside where the harness plugs and it'll be pretty self explanatory what needs to be removed. Hog that bad boy out until it's flat and then it'll plug right in.

To make it fit the housing you may have a tiny (3mm) tab that is in the way and looks almost like it was added as an afterthought (not molded with the original opening) to keep you from getting the wrong bulb in. Snap that out if it's there with a pair of needle nose pliers and you're set to rock. I did this on my Supra as the projector lens for the low beams seems to be a bit foggy or something and doesn't allow as much light out."

hope this helps.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Mark for the record I have seen the lights at Wal-Mart before.. that might be an easy find if they have them considering Wal-Marts now seem to be in every other town.

·
the quest for spool
172 Posts
I got a pair of 9006 out of my Supra for sale if u still want them. $18 paypal. PM me and I can send them out as early as tomorrow. Thanks,

- Brad

1 - 20 of 29 Posts