Supra Forums banner

Where can I buy some Silvania Silverstar 9006's?

1K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Brown Duckz 
G
#1 ·
Guys this honestly may seem like a useless thread but where the hell do I find these? I looked in my local stores, looked on ebay, tried searching, and for some reason I can't seem to find them.

Any local stores that you guys know of that carry these? Please don't give places that you think carry them, I need places that you KNOW carry them. Need them ASAP.

G
#9 ·
Thanks everyone, and sorry for the useless thread.

I typed in silvania 9006 and I guess I maybe typed something wrong.

Advanced, I checked, and no they didn't have anything. I even checked their site and they don't carry Silvania. Maybe yours is different? Anyhow thanks guys, I'll try and scoot over to an autozone a little further out of town.

#10 ·
i've got 2 for sale... name a price... had them in for a week, decided to go w/ 9005 conversion. PM/email me w/ your price.

G
#13 ·
carendt242 said:
i've got 2 for sale... name a price... had them in for a week, decided to go w/ 9005 conversion. PM/email me w/ your price.
You went with a 9005 conversion? What do you mean?

I have 9005's in there right now (guy before me) but because they don't entirely fill the rear housing correctly, water got in there. I need something that will correctly fill my housing to a water-tight seal.

#15 ·
mark,
9005 conversion is when you put high beam lights into the low beam housings.

jeremyhelling "with a Dremel and one of those small round bits. If you have a 9005 and a 9006 in front of you, look inside where the harness plugs and it'll be pretty self explanatory what needs to be removed. Hog that bad boy out until it's flat and then it'll plug right in.

To make it fit the housing you may have a tiny (3mm) tab that is in the way and looks almost like it was added as an afterthought (not molded with the original opening) to keep you from getting the wrong bulb in. Snap that out if it's there with a pair of needle nose pliers and you're set to rock. I did this on my Supra as the projector lens for the low beams seems to be a bit foggy or something and doesn't allow as much light out."

hope this helps.

#18 ·
Mark for the record I have seen the lights at Wal-Mart before.. that might be an easy find if they have them considering Wal-Marts now seem to be in every other town.

G
#21 ·
Okay guys here's the update, and a little info for you high-beam conversion guys, so listen up.

First off, I bought some 9006 SS's but they don't fit into the harnesses because the fucker that sold me the car must've changed the harnesses to some other type of toyota harness, I could custom route them but I'd rather just get it right the first time. I'm gonna just order the correct harnesses and do it right when they come in.

FOR YOU HIGH BEAM CONVERSION GUYS. My car had this conversion done already on it (with whatever bulbs these are) but the problem is this: you'll notice that the 9006's and the 9005 have a DIFFERENT SIZE inner diameter to them. The high beams have a SMALLER inner diameter, which means when placed in the low beam housing, they don't completely seal it. Air and water can still get through. On my recently polished 98's, I had BAD condensation and I thought it was a problem with my seal, till I tested them with compressed air and it turns out the entrance point was right through the low beam housing. Everything out was 100 percent airtight when the drain holes were plugged. SO, water got in through my low beam housing where the high beam bulb allowed it to get in. If any of you have condensation issues, this may be a good place to start.

LASTLY, Brad, since I am gonna have to wait for the harnesses to come in, how long have the SS's been used for?

Also, does anyone have the SS H3's?

#22 ·
Just replied to PM. Also, I have the silverstars in my fog lights (is that H3?), ain't sellin those though ;) They match perfect to the whiteness in the low beams, but I haven't found them really useful on the road due to the wattage and beam pattern of the fog housing. I normally just drive through fog with my high beams heheheheh.

- Brad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.