Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for some cams for my 7M and all i have found is the regrind Web cams... Cheapest i've found is $615. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other brands etc... that may be better. Also what other valve train upgrades i will want to do. I already have a 3 angle valve job and the whole heads been rebuilt and had the intake side oversized slightly... I was just gonna throw some new OEM valve springs and retainers on.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I just got a lead on a new dealer, pm me if interested.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
upgradedsupra said:
I have a hookup Dave. I will call you tonight as I have some from Japan!! Just waiting on pricing :)

Duane
Please share Duane.

·
slowest restoration ever
626 Posts
I will make some for you for a very affordable price. 321 stainless play-doh.
The duration varies with use. After about 300 revolutions of the crank they are completely dissolved by the oil. This effectively removes valve lift, which is bad for gas consumption!
PM me for prices.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
Augest, I should be able to get my hands on some Crowers..

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
tookwik4u89 said:
db....all i see on schneider site is 22r and 3tc, no 7m stuff, am i missing something??
no, they just dont have them listed on the website. they have several profiles for 7m cams. they just dont have a high demand for them so it isnt listed.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm getting my cams reground by Schneider Racing Cams for $340. I'm getting 264 lift and .330" duration cams. Do i have to upgrade my valve springs and retainers? If so, Where are the cheapest ones?

thanks

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Chris89 said:
I'm getting my cams reground by Schneider Racing Cams for $340. I'm getting 264 lift and .330" duration cams. Do i have to upgrade my valve springs and retainers? If so, Where are the cheapest ones?

thanks
You've got your lift and duration backwards :)
Two words: shimless buckets. Spit shims are bad for you!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what about aftermarket valve springs for the 7m? can u direct me to a site where they are for sale please.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
selz202 said:
summit racing... CCA-975-12 You want 2 of them.
So, how do i know if these are for my application, I don't want to buy them then they won't fit.... Has anyone used the Summit Racing valve springs he's talking about? And do i Need new retainers? if so, do i want the shimless bucket type? I just want a recommendation from more than 1 person for a part.

·
Registered
137 Posts
miekedmr said:
I will make some for you for a very affordable price. 321 stainless play-doh.
The duration varies with use. After about 300 revolutions of the crank they are completely dissolved by the oil. This effectively removes valve lift, which is bad for gas consumption!
PM me for prices.
Why do you clutter up threads with Bullshit like this?

Anyway, Horsepower Freaks is still working on getting new billet cams made for the 7m, It's been a while, And not sure if it's going to happen or not. prob depends on how long you want to wait.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
toyman1987 said:
Why do you clutter up threads with Bullshit like this?

Anyway, Horsepower Freaks is still working on getting new billet cams made for the 7m, It's been a while, And not sure if it's going to happen or not. prob depends on how long you want to wait.
Ive been waiting for them for a while now... i dont think i will wait any longer either, i need to finish this head and start on the bottom end.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts