Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so i'm on my way home from taking my SAT II tests and i'm gettin on the freeway right. And all of the sudden my gauge keeps climbing above the level its been sittin at, psi. I attributed this low boost to to some backpressure in the exhaust and i think i was right. Yesterday I was at my friends house and we were tryin to take the cats off to check em. Couldn't get the bolts off so i got kinda mad and started shakin the pipe wildly. Somehow shakin that exhaust fried up that backpressure and i hit five pounds of boost on my way home. My first reaction was like What The F*** is this and after my legs stopped shaking and my heartbeat came back i was like God damn.

I've been in a turbo supra that was fully boostin but this just caught me off guard and i didn't know what to think. Now i'm even more excited about that 3in exhaust and downpipe thats comin on christmas

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
Cat is probably clogged and you freed some of the crap inside up by shaking it.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Joe-Turbo said:
OK, so i'm on my way home from taking my SAT II tests and i'm gettin on the freeway right. And all of the sudden my gauge keeps climbing above the level its been sittin at, psi. I attributed this low boost to to some backpressure in the exhaust and i think i was right. Yesterday I was at my friends house and we were tryin to take the cats off to check em. Couldn't get the bolts off so i got kinda mad and started shakin the pipe wildly. Somehow shakin that exhaust fried up that backpressure and i hit five pounds of boost on my way home. My first reaction was like What The F*** is this and after my legs stopped shaking and my heartbeat came back i was like God damn.

I've been in a turbo supra that was fully boostin but this just caught me off guard and i didn't know what to think. Now i'm even more excited about that 3in exhaust and downpipe thats comin on christmas
hehehe... just make sure man, before you start modding, the engine is healthy and also have fun :) aight peace

L

·
0 Posts
I see shimming in the future for you!

do the pcv intercooler piping mod via www.jblmk3.com for a lil more power free (well nearly free, $30)

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correction 5 pounds of boost (just got back from another joyride).

The engine is healthy, it was rebuilt in Jan.

I think my Blitz BOV might be way to loose now, maybe if i tighten it i'll get my other 2 psi back also. But it's obnoxiously loud now, probably need to cut back a bit. When i came home i let off the BOV in my neighborhood and everybody in earshot turned and looked. I think i like

There's nothin better than free horspower

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Dam it adam pecush... you beat me to it.
If I was a real horsepower freak (and could actually claim it)
I would tell you wait till you hit 26psi....

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 1/2, maybe two.

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Wow, and I thought my car was slugush at stock boost. You are going to love the aftermarket exhaust:D

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hope so. Do you think tightening my BOV back will get the last little bit of my boost back.

I am excited about the exhaust and downpipe. Or it might be exhaust and K and N intake. either way is fine with me. The exhaust is pretty cool, its a custom Apex N-1.

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
It should hold boost better, but it may not open at low boost (a few pounds). You might want to be sure that thats the reason that you are only getting 5psi before messing with it.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well it wouldn't hurt to just tighten it and see if it doesn't. If it doesn't then i'll loosen it again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts