Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It says not to install it below the 3' or 9' oclock points (to avoid moisture). I am looking at one of three places:

on my RT 3" DP, towards the front for clearance issues, halfway down right after the elbow....

getting the exhaust clamp and using it there, at the outlet.

middle of the test pipe, at 3 o clock position

I do not plan on leaving the sensor in at all times. Removal/install would be easiest at exhaust outlet, however, it takes a while for it to get to temp. The DP is the best location, but the hardest to work around. The test pipe is in between on both, but clearance may be an issue.

Any suggestions on where to install it? Innovative LM-1

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The unit is pretty nice...not the best looking display, but it does the job. I played around with it today on my camry....interesting readings....right on the money with atmospheric oxygen content...I blew into it and the %O2 dropped....

it is very responsive, but I plan on hooking up the analog output to read it while driving (will use LEDs)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I put mine in the downpipe about 3 to 4 inches away from the back of my SP67. This put it right before the radius leading down out of the engine compartment. I have the same unit.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ridah said:
how much and where from?
There is a gb for $305....gotta look 4 it though.

There are also coupons out there to get it for $316 complete

It is nice, but it looks like it belongs in an industrial app and not a car....

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Decided not to sell it huh? I think you made a good choice; the Innovate unit is the one to get.

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
91T4 said:
There is a gb for $305....gotta look 4 it though.

There are also coupons out there to get it for $316 complete

It is nice, but it looks like it belongs in an industrial app and not a car....
if it's the innovative one I just saw, yeah it doesn't look like something that can be installed cleanly in the car. I always prefer clean isntalls.

There isn't a place or add on to hook up another digital read out screen is there?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Bishop92T said:
If you've got an upgraded O2 housing you should be able to fit another sensor in there pretty easy.
Bishop-I have the HKS elbow which is pretty much a bored out stock elbow....is this a good location? I just drill a hole and weld the bung in?

Paddlenbike-I decided to keep it. It seems like a functional unit and you can't beat the price.

Ridah-there is no way to make a clean install out of the kit...there is an analog output which can be hooked up to a more attractive gauge....

The unit provides 0-5 v output. I wonder what the autometer reads. I believe it is 0-5 v output...I wonder if I could use the autometer AF gauge in conjunction with the innovate unit.

edit: not sure about the exact output...have to look in manual. Too lazy for now.

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
0-5v is a wibeband output for use with standalones,etc.I have the PLX unit from Joe at HPF and it had the wideband output as well as the low volt output that you can use with either an autometer unit or the like or use the signal to replace our expensive ass heated stockers...

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Kevin.

Here is the info from the manual:

8. Remote display of Lambda and/or AFR

In some applications it may be desirable to mount the LM-1 in the engine compartment or under the dash permanently and monitor the air-fuel data remotely using a dash-mounted instrument. The LM-1 provides two options for that application.

8.1 Analog Lambda/AFR instrument.

There are many analog lambda/AFR displays on the market. They are essentially voltmeters for a voltage between 0 and 1 V and measure the analog voltage of a narrow band oxygen sensor. Some are true analog instruments while others provide a LED bar. Because of the very limited sensing range of a narrow band sensor they are essentially useless as true AFR meters. LM-1 allows these instruments to be used as true remote AFR or lambda meters. Connecting these meters to the second analog output of the LM-1 allows to use them as true remote AFR meters, provided the LM-1 analog output is programmed to the characteristics of the used meter.

The LM-1's second analog output is factory programmed to provide a linear output between 1V and 2V for an AFR of 10 to 20, allowing using a digital voltmeter as AFR display. Any other linear output range between 0 and 5V can be programmed. See chapter 9.6, 'Programming analog outputs' for details.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts