Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, may be a dumb question, but I am stumped. On the intake side. Lets start with the first hose. I am referring to the one that is connected by a banjo fitting on top of the fuel rail. It's the one next to the mushroom cap on the firewall side of the rail (NOT on the FPR side). It has the length to reach the cold start injector up under the upper intake manifold, but I don't see how it would be incorporated there. The CSI already has a banjo fitting on it that leads to the "J" line (which I did remove with the help of a new block off plate). So, where does this go???

Second question. it's about the mushroom cap on the firewall side of the fuel rail on top. This has the crazy stair step hard fuel line that goes down between the 4th and 5th runners of the lower intake manifold. It has a banjo fitting on the end of it as well. Where the heck does it hook too? On the motor mount, held by two 10 or 12 mm bolts is that fuel bracket. on the bracket, there is a banjo fitting and a pipe attached to that. I know there should be a hose that fits onto the end of that, but where from? Does the stair step hard line have something to do with that motor mount fuel bracket?? I am friggin' confused. Pics would be great if someone has some of there stock setup

Trev87supraturbo

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
1st paragraph: That IS the CSI. the CSI does not go the J tube. The FPR goes to the J tube.

2nd paragraph: That crazy line bolts to the fuel fitting on the motor mount. The other end goes to a hard line sticking out from under the firewall IIRC. There is also one there for fuel return from the FPR. Don't mix em up. I'll have to check my mk3 tonight for confirmatioin.

Christian

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Post pics!! I want to see the final shot...

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Found a pic of my engine assembly that might help you out.

Number 1 - this is where the CSI attaches to the fuel system. (Question 1)

Number 2 - this is the bottom of the 'stairstep' hard fuel line. It bolts to the top of the bracket that bolts to the motor mount (the one that looks kinda like a stack of quarters). On the bottom of the bracket, another line hooks to it w/ a banjo fitting and it runs to the firewall (its a hard line that turns soft after a few inches IIRC). (Question 2)

Number 3 - This is the bottom of the J-Tube. It connects to a soft line that runs straight to the firewall. The other side of the J-Tube hooks to a short soft line that runs straight up to that L (sorta) shaped hard line thats connected to the FPR (you can see it in the pic). Note: The hose that is coming up between the 2nd and 3rd runners isnt the fuel line, its a coolant line. The fuel line hooks up to the hard line several inches lower than that.

Hope that helps,

David

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Here is another pic of the same thing. Its a little dark, but shows the fuel lines a little better. Note: The fuel bracket that bolts to the the motor mount isnt installed in this picture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts