1 - 20 of 62 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya ya ya I know no one should be doing this on the street :-D
I don't want to spend $$$ to enter and event and TRY to drift
on the few laps I get...

Is there another way? Where do you guys go? Where did you learn?
Oh yeah I live in a small village in northern california lol
I have an AWESOME touge mountian but I don't want to die!

thanks guys/gals!

·
Registered
929 Posts
me and you are on the same boat. I thought about doing it in an empty parking lot but is that legal? at least your in california and there's got to be tons of places that offer instructional courses or something for a reasonable fee.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well in CA if your tires make noise [Burnout, drifting, etc] they will give you a ticket for
exhibition of speed. It's a speeding ticket because you went to fast for your cars capabilities.

People I know go to empty parking lots but I really don't need anymore tickets :-O
I am a few hours from Sears Point Raceway or its stupid new name Infineon Raceway lol
But I don't know of any driving classes.... But I am going to the AMA superbikes next weekend.

·
Jesus Christ, man!
307 Posts
I don't know if this is bull, but a sherriff said that they really couldn't do anything in parking lots that are privately owned.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
SDubK said:
I don't know if this is bull, but a sherriff said that they really couldn't do anything in parking lots that are privately owned.

Just trespassing/vandelism.

Lakeport isn't that far from Sacramento, Willows (thunderhill), and the bay area. There are TONS of events this year. Sure you'll probably suck at first, but the guys there won't care. Ask for help/advice and you'll progress 100X more quickly than you would trying it on your own & banging up your car.

www.ncda.net (bi-weekly events at altamont)
www.phuckdrifting.com & www.private-events.net (great events with lots of seat time!)
http://www.running-free.org/html/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=index (Sacramento touge/drift)

Jeff
(I used to live in Redding & Arcata, so I know about being in BFE ;))

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you know the neighborhood well, you have an idea if there are lots of cops driving by. I would however caution doing it for very long since if it's at all a residential area, someone is likely to call you in. I've found that finding an empty lot, playing for 10-15 minutes and then leaving for the next empty lot works well.

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
go to an industrial area late at night, as already mentioned...

but always check for security guards/cops. if it is in a residential neighborhood you probably won't be able to get a good amount of practice time in because they will be trying to sleep and youre tires screechin will wake em up so they'll call the cops..

good luck!

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
the more people who push their luck and end up on a curb in someones front yard will cause more cops looking at our group of tuners more.
I keep it off the streets, and esspecially residential areas, which is just stupid.
closed industrial parks I am ok with, but I wont do it becuase cops over here are asses.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Go find a dried up lake bed near you. You can drift all day and practice for free. Just abide by their rules (like no standing burn outs, littering, etc) and you'll have plenty of time to mess around.

You want to practice, but you don't want to pay. Quit being cheap. I swear people think drifters are cheap, but most of them are just poor. So just try out a drift day once. Check out NCDA as someone else mentioned as that's for Nor Cal.

·
CHP's prime suspect
403 Posts
i used to practice in industrial areas late at night, and the local mountains before they wer a bust.

now i keep on the tracks =T

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1jzSupraGuy said:
you guys are lucky you live in ca where all the action is.

your a short drive to IL, we rock it to the side.

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
blue2red-any drift practice events in the NE area?
Yea man!

DGTrials.com does events up in the NE all the time, mainly Philly.
and usdrift is based up in VA...you might have to drive a little, but get used to it. My avg travel time for a practice event is 6.5 hours this year alone. It is never not been worth it.
www.dgtrials.com
www.lookoutdrift.com
www.usdrift.com

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
lol, my brother's frendz "tried" to go drifting one nite in one of those industrial places in the City of Industry near West Covina and they got busted by the cops coz some security guards called them. What's even more hilarious was that the cop who busted them wrote them tickets for "BURNING OUT" !!!! WTF!!!! LOL!!!!!

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
Suprachik8 said:
lol, my brother's frendz "tried" to go drifting one nite in one of those industrial places in the City of Industry near West Covina and they got busted by the cops coz some security guards called them. What's even more hilarious was that the cop who busted them wrote them tickets for "BURNING OUT" !!!! WTF!!!! LOL!!!!!
If your caught drifting, you will likely get multiple tickets.
Laying Drag
Wreckless Driving
Forbidden Property
Property Damage.....
cops dont understand what they dont know, so tickets are plentiful.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts