Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to do a 90k service and inspection. but i dont trust just any shops. last shop i went to.i had lot of problems.

so where do you guys take your cars to get serviced?..and how much ? thanks.

btw i dont want to touch the car my self because i have no time, patients or the tools thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
I bring my car to Vinze place where he removes my headlight to change the sparkplugs... i still don't know why he does it... but Vinze is the man! :) hahah aight peace :chicken:

·
Espresso Connoisseur
1,636 Posts
My garage. I charge myself bank tho...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BoostAddctn said:
I bring my car to Vinze place where he removes my headlight to change the sparkplugs... i still don't know why he does it... but Vinze is the man! :) hahah aight peace :chicken:

wel you need to remove the headlight to get access to the plugs, :sadance: !! just like when i change my oil, i lift my engine upside down on the cherry picker and turn it upside down.

lol but seriously, no one here takes it to the dealer ship?.... im considering because the service record shows up on the carfax...if you take it to a toyota dealer.

·
Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
519 Posts
Bert's garage of hoopti.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
ii used to have it taken to my dealership i worked at until they tried to screw me over.

i know either work on it myself or my friend does it.

·
Highway Demon
2,898 Posts
either my driveway where i service the car myself or if it is really bad then i bring it to my friends shop.. he dosn't service vehicles unless for friends because thats not his business.. he builds race cars for a living..

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
90k service: aka major tune up.
timing belt replacement
water pump (and since your there, you might as well change the front seal.)
serpentein belt replacement
coolant change toyota red perferable (last longer)
transmition fluid change (v160 fluid)
oil change
spark plug change

inspection:
brakes
struts
exhuast flanges (for leaks)

the reason why mkiv guys dont take it to dealerships is because, once you say supra, and turbo in the same sentence. its like bending over and getting fucked with no lube.
labor for myself to do a 90k on a mkiv is 350$. the parts i can help you to get at shop cost to try and save you a little $$
if your seriouse pm me and we can set up a day and time to perform your 90k service.
mike

i am a auto tech, and i specialize in honda, toyota, and ford

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1jz-power said:
90k service: aka major tune up.
timing belt replacement
water pump (and since your there, you might as well change the front seal.)
serpentein belt replacement
coolant change toyota red perferable (last longer)
transmition fluid change (v160 fluid)
oil change
spark plug change

inspection:
brakes
struts
exhuast flanges (for leaks)

the reason why mkiv guys dont take it to dealerships is because, once you say supra, and turbo in the same sentence. its like bending over and getting fucked with no lube.
labor for myself to do a 90k on a mkiv is 350$. the parts i can help you to get at shop cost to try and save you a little $$
if your seriouse pm me and we can set up a day and time to perform your 90k service.
mike

i am a auto tech, and i specialize in honda, toyota, and ford
im just looking for a shop or mechanic that i can always take my car too.

i can sorce the parts from curt,

i did my timming belt at 60k already. i dont know if the previous owner changed the water pump thou...

you have a pm.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
supra_onna95 said:
ii used to have it taken to my dealership i worked at until they tried to screw me over.

i know either work on it myself or my friend does it.
what did they do? thats fucked up.

·
that twin 2jz guy
2,595 Posts
tbkonwso said:
im just looking for a shop or mechanic that i can always take my car too.

i can sorce the parts from curt,

i did my timming belt at 60k already. i dont know if the previous owner changed the water pump thou...

you have a pm.
bring it down to florin rd toyota... we already have 6 supras here... and counting

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sacramento's a fairly good place for dealer service. I generally use Maita Toyota.
I bought my '89 mgte 5-speed from them brand new. They've also serviced my '97tt 6-speed, both of my ex-wives' Camrys and my brother's Camry. In fact, my brother (who lives in Walnut Creek) just had his 90K & timing belt done on his '01 Camry LE at Maita Toyota. His local dealership wanted over $400.00 more for the same service that Maita perfomed. He's a happy Maita camper now!

·
irie
168 Posts
95jza80tt said:
either my driveway where i service the car myself or if it is really bad then i bring it to my friends shop.. he dosn't service vehicles unless for friends because thats not his business.. he builds race cars for a living..
Damn Brian we were just talking about your "shop" at your house last night . :bigthumb:

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
dads auto shop. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts