Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods are: 3" catless turboback, greddy profec b spec 2 set to .70 and 50% gain??
2.5" upper intercooler pipes, hks bov. My car boosts 6-7 psi if I'm lucky. I checked all intercooler hoses and vaccum lines, I recently got a headgasket and havent put the exhaust manifold gasket on yet could that be part of the problem?

Thanks, Chris

· Savage Member
1,074 Posts
You're driving w/out your exhaust mani gasket on?

Interesting......

It's always best to fix the problems you know about first, and then re-adjust your diagnosis accordingly..

· Ludicrous speed! GO!
2,559 Posts
How did you check the hoses? There is a big difference between visually and physically.

Cracks can still be hidden when checking visually. Take them off and flex them.

Also, whats the condition of your wastegate?

G

·
my gasket between manifold and turbo was half burnt out and i could only make 5 psi of boost, replaced it and got back to eight. can you hear a fluttering exhaust leak when you start up your engine?

· Registered
54 Posts
i had a bad leak, but it was a ghetto bov i had on the IC piping flange...it would flutter and i would only get like 4. now i get a steady 6 at stock so. that was my problem.

· Registered
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ahymq2 said:
my gasket between manifold and turbo was half burnt out and i could only make 5 psi of boost, replaced it and got back to eight. can you hear a fluttering exhaust leak when you start up your engine?

Ya it kind of stutters when it idles...

· Registered
1,339 Posts
I fixed a MAJOR boost leak on mine last Friday. The hose that comes out of the turbo was almost blown in half right where in connects to the turbo. I was hitting fuel cut at about 4.5 psi. I asked on here and everybody said boost leak, and someone mentioned they had a problem with that particular hose, happened to be my problem too.

· I Love Lamp...
3,837 Posts
Topher E said:
Im sorry this is harsh but why would you be stupid enough to run a car with out a exh mani gasket? Thats your problem dude, get one on there and dont drive the car untill you do.
Why would you be stupid enough to post without reading the whole thread?...

Brent has the best post yet... heh only like $10 in shit too.

· Registered
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Topher E said:
Im sorry this is harsh but why would you be stupid enough to run a car with out a exh mani gasket? Thats your problem dude, get one on there and dont drive the car untill you do.
How bout you read what I wrote. I gotta make a damn boost leak tester

· Registered
3,169 Posts
Boost leak testers are one of the easiest things you can buy and one of the best tools to have on a turbo car. I made mine and it is similar to Brents but with a 4 inch intake. Got all my parts at ace hardware for like 10 bucks.

Edit: Yeah thats right 1000 posts.

· ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
15,178 Posts
supra8795 said:
Boost leak testers are one of the easiest things you can buy and one of the best tools to have on a turbo car. I made mine and it is similar to Brents but with a 4 inch intake. Got all my parts at ace hardware for like 10 bucks.

Edit: Yeah thats right 1000 posts.
Remember 4" PVC isn't the same as 4" metal pipe.

The wall thickness is different, so I found better luck making a 3" opening, and stretching it to fit my 4" inlet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.