Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the PCV valve is on the MKIV? Is it difficult to change at all? TIA

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
HpPak said:
Does anyone know where the PCV valve is on the MKIV? Is it difficult to change at all? TIA
You'll see only one 1/2" thick black rubber hose going from the intake manifold to the intake camshaft cover. That is the PCV hose. The PCV valve is the metal nipple on the intake camshaft cover to which this hose connects. Pull the hose off the cam cover and then pull the valve out, it just has a friction fit in the rubber grommet.. then replace the PCV valve and put the hose back on. It's a 90 second procedure.

Andi

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does anybody know what the part number is to the PCV valve? Also, what are some signs that it needs to be replaced?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Andi, Do You Have Pictures Of The Description You Just Explained? Cause I Just Recently Bought A 94' Supra, When I Bought It,The Dude I Bought It From Told Me That It Was Spraying Oil From The Top Of The Engine. He Didnt Know Where Though -___-. So I Took The Car To AutoZone And Asked One Of The Workers To Check Out My Car, He Said That My PCV Valve Is Missing The Hose That Connects To The Acutator?. Im New To The Whole Supra Thing. Im Not The Smartest Mechanic In The World But It Would Be Great If You Could Help Me Out. Please And Thank You.

-Ryan

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
This is your PCV (Positive Crank Ventilation).

Part# 12204-46020

Check to see if the hose is pushed on and not cracked. If its not cracked then there's no way oil should be spraying out. What is your car doing? Any pics?

Kruso

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is your PCV (Positive Crank Ventilation).

Part# 12204-46020

Check to see if the hose is pushed on and not cracked. If its not cracked then there's no way oil should be spraying out. What is your car doing? Any pics?

Kruso
No, Unfortunately I dont have any pics of my car. My car runs fine, just after some cruising there will be a spray of oil on the left side of my engine bay.

But I found a picture of where the guy told me where my PCV Valve is.

He said thats where it was coming from and im missing a hose that connects to the actuator???

and heres a small diagram, i cant really find a big one -___-

Thanks Again

-Ryan

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
You didn't specify you had a NA or NA-T at that. Below is what it looks like on your engine.

Part# 12204-46030

It could just be the hose going to the PCV valve and not the valve itself.

Kruso

1 - 8 of 8 Posts