Supra Forums banner

What first?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a limited amount of cash to work with but can often stretch it further than usual. I’ve had the 1jz in for roughly 4k miles. I need more power.
I’m bone stock and have a uninstalled S-afc
I can buy a greddy E-manage
A 2j map and 550's and cam gears
A megasquirt and cam gears
Start buying parts for a big single
I’m open to suggestions. I will eventually make a combination of these mods but cant do it all at once. If anyone has some parts/tips and tricks send me a PM.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
save for single....like me :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The turbo seals on the twins are shot so I plan on ditching them In a month or two. My question is where should I start fuel and management or single.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
save for single :D :D :D :D my turbos seals committed suicide, and i drive it smoking, just check oil every day, about 3 times a day after driving, just dont go WOT

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
then again, its suggessted to have good injectors and something to manage the fuel as well, SAFC2 probably

its just the twins when they die and smoke out, it gets annoying and makes you wanna change them ASAP, run 10psi on a single for teh while, but im saving for a single now cuz i already see i wanna run 20psi sometime in my life lol

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Import_Eve said:
bpu....
- intake
- downpipe,3 inch exhaust
- boost controller
- bov
- and install the SAFC
:werd: ... then big single

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Your going all wrong..

If your sticking with stock twins:

Small FMIC rated for 400hp (too big will hurt hp)
Adjustable cam gears, degreed in
1JZ Crower Cams or Stock 2JZGTE cams modded to fit
Stock fuel injectors (they work fine all HP levels stock twins can do)
Re-flashed ECU (sard, blitz), or Apexi PowerFC stand alone.
3in Ypipe/Downpipe
Speed cut controller, fuel cut controller if your ECU does not have one
16psi boost.
Ele fan and stock 2jzgte fuel pump.

DO NOT DO NOT use a "SAFC" or "EMANAGE" anything under ANY circumstances!!!!

Do not put bigger fuel injectors in. DO not put in a 2JZGTE JDM MAP sensor unless your using a stand alone and using bigger cams (crower or hks).

If your going to do one mod, and only one mod. Get adjustable cam gears, retard the ex cam 2.5 degrees. Youll smoke BPU 1jz's without that mod. Dont worry about raising the boost from 10 to 16psi right away, thats the last mod you should ever do. My car on 10psi makes over 300whp. over 40whp more then stock, and im still on the stock smic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts