Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Inline for the win
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I have seen and heard of people who are running setups with T6 framed 80mm and higher turbos are required to run VP import almost all the time. Some have stated that the base boost of their setup requires this fuel immediatly.

My interest is I am going to a larger setup, but by no means do I want rely on VP import for my only fuel choice. To me its almost useless to have such a large turbo and not maximize its efficiency, however, most of don't drive around the cars at 1000+RWHP mode all the time.

Basically, my goal it to make as much HP on Vp16 and only use import for the hell of it.

DP

·
Premium Member
11,273 Posts
Suprafied said:
All,

I have seen and heard of people who are running setups with T6 framed 80mm and higher turbos are required to run VP import almost all the time. Some have stated that the base boost of their setup requires this fuel immediatly.

My interest is I am going to a larger setup, but by no means do I want rely on VP import for my only fuel choice. To me its almost useless to have such a large turbo and not maximize its efficiency, however, most of don't drive around the cars at 1000+RWHP mode all the time.

Basically, my goal it to make as much HP on Vp16 and only use import for the hell of it.

DP

At about 1000 RWHP we see cylinder pressures and detonation become an issue with C16. Above 1000RWHP you are rolling the dice with C16. You are probably ok on the dyno but going down the track Id run VP import.

·
Inline for the win
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Larry.

DP

·
cinnamon jelly bean
1,653 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
Please excuse me for butting in, but what does VP stand for?
VP is the brand of race fuel. I've never heard of it standing for anything so I'm not sure on that.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I may be confusing them with another company, but I think it stands for Volatile Products.

suprahead said:
VP is the brand of race fuel. I've never heard of it standing for anything so I'm not sure on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts