Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, me again. I need some help, I posted something about my car not starting due to the 12V cap mod and VSV mod that was done to the car before I bought it. I installed the white face gauges and after installation, he car wouldn't start. No one seemed to have noticed that the 12V mod fries the fuel pump if you do not have a BCC connected with this mod. I finally got the BCC, installed and now I have to replace my fried fuel pump. Literally, it "MELTS" the fuel pump!! So my question is this:

I'm pretty sure that the fuel pump in located in the gas tank but I have no idea how to get to it. I'm also pretty sure that there is a way to get to it from inside the car under the trunk panel. Could someone please verify this and someone who knows about the car and not hopeless dreamers that just think that they own a Supra. Thanks a bunch fellas and all help is apprciated

1994 Supra TT

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
easy under the spare wheel there is a plate there with some screws take out the screws and twist off a large cap and you will find your fuel pump !

hope this helps!

·
10,459 Posts

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a spare tire well anymore, there is a phatty system in the trunk. The whole trunk was tranformed into a show car stereo system. If you'd like to see, go to the MKIV.com web site and under readers rides in west virginia under Brad Woods (the guy I purchased this from) and check it out, please feel free to do so. And THANKS A BUNCH for the info, will replace and start to race again soon. Much love.

·
10,459 Posts
ok but its easy to guess where the spare was at now right ??

just look under the phatty system in the trunk you will see what im talking about if not you will need to take pics as he might have had it moded
then your on your own mabe!

Formula1Vendetta said:
I don't have a spare tire well anymore, there is a phatty system in the trunk. The whole trunk was tranformed into a show car stereo system. If you'd like to see, go to the MKIV.com web site and under readers rides in west virginia under Brad Woods (the guy I purchased this from) and check it out, please feel free to do so. And THANKS A BUNCH for the info, will replace and start to race again soon. Much love.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Maybe I missing something here, but the 12V mod should not melt the fuel pump. The pump runs off of 12V some of the time anyway. There is an ecu to control the voltage to the pump. I'd look and check its power source first and double check the fuses under the hood and in the kick panel. You can also jump B+ and FP in the diagnstic port to verify wether the pumps are working or not.

Just curious, who told you the 12V mod and no BCC causes the fuel pump to literally melt. Sounds rediculous.

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 12V mod sends a "continuous" 12V supply to the fuel pump which is bad with no BCC. The effectof this is a melted fuel pump and I mean "Melted". What happens to butter when you put it in a HOT frying pan. That's what happened to my fuel pump. Also what did you mean when you said:

"You can also jump B+ and FP in the diagnstic port to verify wether the pumps are working or not."

What's the B+ and FP. Further explanation would be great. Also where can I get some kind of Diagnosis meter for the 94 Supra TT. Someone mentioned to me that it' called a meter or something but I'm not sure. I know that it looks like a little rod with a screen on one end and male ends on the other that would plug into the diagnosis panel. Thanks a bunch, sounds like you really know your stuff, that's exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Damn, I'm glad nothing else happened besides the pump melting. I'd like to see a pic of that. Anyway, when you get that fixed, up in the engine compartment there is a diagnostic box on the passenger side against the fire wall. It's about 1 inch by 2 inches. The pump won't run with just the key on. But if you turn the key on and jump B+ and FP terminals with a piece of wire it will run without the car running. Just a way to tell if they are running making pressure if your car won't start. You can hear it flowing fuel.

The meter you refer to is the Techtom I believe. I've got one in my car. It's not so much as a diagnostic tool, like if your car won't start. But it shows quite a few running parameters like: timing, water temp, injector duty %/pulsewidth, whether you are getting knock, whether the O2 sensors are reading rich/lean, rpm, speed, throttle position, idle air control motor % and only whether or not any diagnostic codes are recorded in the computer. Not what they are though. It's a very simple unit that plugs into the diag port in the dash and the lighter for power. Only thing that's slightly annoying is you can only view two functions at one time. There is a scroll button to jump from one to the other. But that keeps the size of the unit fairly small. Nicely back lit for night viewing. I got mine from http://www.koperformance.com/gauges.html The guys name is Bruce. The newer ones like I got come in a nice carbon fiber look finish. Kind of expensive at aroung $380, but if you could even by separate gauges for some of the functions that would cost a lot more. Duty %, knock, timing and coolant temp are invaluable for understanding what's going on. Let me know if need any help. Don't know everything but I've been messing around with my supra for a few years now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts