Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
** I really don't know where this belongs... but if it's in the wrong place, please move for me...**

So I'm leaving to College Station/Bryan for College.. and I have not decided where to live at yet... (Apartments / Townhouse)...

I really want to bring the Supra with me... as it's my only car, but I already told myself... If the place I'm living at doesn't have a good parking lot / garage I won't bring the supra...

Any of you guys got experiences with this problem?

How safe are "covered parking lots?"

Is it worth it to spend the extra cash for a townhouse with a seperate garage?

Or should I just give away my Supra to a fellow Supraforums member? haha jk...

·
PSN iD: No_Ka_Oi_808
138 Posts
honestly man if i were you i would not take the supra to college. I just entered college this year as a freshman. I park in a structure on the very top floor where no one else parks and in covered lot. I was going to buy a nice car (lexis is300 or possibly a supra), but i am glad i didnt. I bought a cheap 97 camry. so far this year:

1 mirror gone
1 Hole in the bumper
2 Hubcaps broken off by a hammer
1 Dent in the driver side rear bumper on the corner
1 huge dent in behind the the rear passenger wheel
Dents on the hood

Pissed me off. This car was so nice and now it looks like a piece of shit.

so if i were you.. leave the supra at home and go to school or buy a beater and take it with you

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WallysWorld118 said:
honestly man if i were you i would not take the supra to college. I just entered college this year as a freshman. I park in a structure on the very top floor where no one else parks and in covered lot. I was going to buy a nice car (lexis is300 or possibly a supra), but i am glad i didnt. I bought a cheap 97 camry. so far this year:

1 mirror gone
1 Hole in the bumper
2 Hubcaps broken off by a hammer
1 Dent in the driver side rear bumper on the corner
1 huge dent in behind the the rear passenger wheel
Dents on the hood

Pissed me off. This car was so nice and now it looks like a piece of shit.

so if i were you.. leave the supra at home and go to school or buy a beater and take it with you
Shit! If thats the Supra.. some ass would have to be beaten...

But good advice man, if I can't find a place with a garage... consider the Supra at home.

·
Single Turbo
711 Posts
Since we live in the same town you can park it at my house and I'll let you use my daily driver. :1poke:

·
592 Posts
A garage at college is an absolute MUST!

Getting an apartment/condo/townhome with a garage is so worth the money.

Depending on where you go to school, there is always a) drunk idiots b) jealous peeps c) shitty weather

GET A GARAGE :)

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Where the hell to park your car? Its college, park it at moms as it is sure to get torn to hell by all the dumbass'.

·
MSB for Life! :D
1,004 Posts
My supra got keyed twice in my first 2 semesters of college. I then invested in getting a beater so I can leave my supra at home with the parents.

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
You should think about getting a really good alarm. That will deter a lot of people from doing something stupid :)

That's what I'm gonna do with the Evo the second I get it ;)

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
Eric_C said:
Dont take it there.

Ditto, get a $1000 beater for those low lifes who will trash your car while at college.

Thankfully, I only took mine rarely since I had private parking due to landlord house.

DP

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Well I never really considered problems at my school as far as parking and never had any either. But I guess if you are going to a major university, then it may be something to consider. No one ever tried to screw with my car, and the only thing I really had to worry about was rain, but I washed my car alot so not really a problem. Just my 2cents.

·
GO FASTER, GO FASTER
178 Posts
I'm guessing your going to A&M university if so you should be alright most people that go to A&M either don't know what a supra is and if they do won't be messing with it. but I would get a garage. the storms can get bad down there

·
A zone of danger.
1,175 Posts
attie4 said:
if ur ass is so ugly that u cant hookup with chicks, then take the supra.
Are you retarded? Don't you know Supras attract more sausage than anything?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Buy a cheap shitty beater that you could care less about what happens to and when college is over leave it at the side of the road with the old dorm refrigerators and furniture that is chunked out when people graduate.

·
GO FASTER, GO FASTER
178 Posts
Dego Red said:
Are you retarded? Don't you know Supras attract more sausage than anything?

This is so true. Why do you think I drive one. Most girls don't now what i supra is You could be driving a mustang and they wouldn't know the difference :rolleyes: But if it's any consulation the ones that do know what i supra is are always smoking hot

·
A zone of danger.
1,175 Posts
Well let em know Michigan is beautiful this time of year if they want a ride. :D

;)

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
If you try to be smart about it you should be ok. I had a modded red TT and luckily also lived in the very back of a large townhouse/appt complex. No issues.

Leaving the car at a mall or something that though...probably not such a great idea.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts