Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I 'T' off the fuel line to add a sensor for a fuel pressure gauge?

Do I need to drain the fuel out of the fuel line before cutting in to it? Most cars keep the fuel under pressure after you shutoff the motor right?

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
get a fuel dampener bypass and get the adapter for fuel pressure gauge for about 10 bucks for the adapter and $70 bucks for the bypass from www.directedengineering.com.

You put the pressor sensor in at the fuel filter. Once you pop the stock line off all the gas will come out of the rail. You fuel pressure will drop and you should be good to go.

sid

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
See the other thread on this same question. I'd shut the fuel pump off (there's a connector in the trunck you can pull) and turn the engine over until it dies. That will relieve the fuel pressure. Make sure you don't work on your fuel system in a garage with any source of flames (duh, but don't forget if you have a natural gas water heater or furnace).

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sidwin said:
get a fuel dampener bypass and get the adapter for fuel pressure gauge for about 10 bucks for the adapter and $70 bucks for the bypass from www.directedengineering.com.

sid
Sounds good. I went to their site and found the bypass, but I couldn't find any adapter. Are you just talking about a adapter from a hardware store? or from Direct Engineering?

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sidwin said:
u can get dimitri to get u one or u can call up summitracing and get the adapter... tell them u have a fuel gauge and they will tell u what u need...
Done and done. Thanks for the help. I'll tell you how it goes once I get the stuff.

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
XCELR8,

"(duh, but don't forget if you have a natural gas water heater or furnace)."

As stupid as it may sound, that was damn good reminder!!!

Thanks,

Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts