Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is a good place online to buy a helmet? I am sick of using the nasty loaner ones, so I've decided to get one for myself.

I have looked around at Summit, Jegs and a few other places, but most of the ones sold on those sites are $200+ closed faced helmets. I would like to find a nice open face helmet that would be less than $150. I would take a closed face one, but the price would have to be right. Any suggestions?

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are truly awesome! Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Open face? You can get one for about 70 dollars that is Snell M2000 approved from www.ridegear.com That is where we bought new loaner helmets for our region. If you ever think you will do a DE on a road course go with a full face. I have seen dental injuries from a on course roll. It was not fun. You can get a Bieffe full face for about $150. I just clicked on their site for a moment and they have Bell Helmet Snell M2000 full face for $85
http://www.ridegear.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/store/product/F-5384_Star_II_Solid.html?E+scstore
Barry H.

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BWill... great link man! I think that's the one I'm gonna get...
Now I just gotta measure my head. :D

·
Very Senior Member
10,012 Posts
SupraMK3 said:
BWill... great link man! I think that's the one I'm gonna get...
Now I just gotta measure my head. :D
I would still go to a local MC shop and try them on. You really don't want to get the wrong size!:eek:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
PCA has gone to a Snell SA standard (special application). I don't know if that is a trend or not. G-Force sells a good SA full face for around $250. It is made by Pyrotech. Bell owns Pyrotech and that is where Bell helmets are made. Pretty much paying more for the sticker.
Barry H.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Spend Some Money

I'd go with a Bell M2--full face, SA2000--or the cheaper Pyrotec. (Bell M2 is about $280 or so.) You might want to do open track events later. And you can always sell it if you sell the car or decide racing isn't for you.

After all, this is your head we're talking about here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts