Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just woundering If the stock twins have to be purchased from Toyota itself or is there an alternative parts dealer who I can use, also what price range am I looking at for them?

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,100 Posts
Prepare to spend a few grand from the dealership, best bet is to look around the for sale section for some low mile, used ones.

·
Registered
360 Posts
As stated above just keep an eye out in the for sale secton.I got mine with low low miles(seller said 10,000mile)for $450.I have had them on my car now for 12,000 miles and they are great.You can find some with more miles for cheaper.

·
Registered
859 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
839 Posts
id recommend getting them rebuilt from forced performance. www.Forcedperformance.net

not a big name in the supra community but a great local shop to dallas. Im sure they could do a little extra something too for more power.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Theres a place called redat in orlando that is awesome they rebuilt my boys greddy turbos. they work mostly on turbo diesel trucks. they don't charge like import tuner but definetly know turbos

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
ttinmysoup said:
how much is the rebuild?
call one of them shops and find out!

·
Registered
687 Posts
If I recall correctly, the community hasn't had much luck rebuilding the stockers. Better to just upgrade or buy a set of low mile ones from the f/s section.

·
Eye Kandy For Enthusiasts
1,091 Posts
i think the amount of money you will spend for brand new ones, will be better spent on a single turbo kit.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
^^^ nuff said

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
Might wanna talk to Stu Hagen and see who has helped him with his stock twins. Chances are, they are very familiar with the CT12's by now, and may know just what to do to rebuild them for a little more power.

·
Fat Guy in a Little Coat
281 Posts
When mine went out, I wasnt about to replace the stockers. IF you have ever taken out the stock turbos before, then you know it is a pain in the ass. Single turbo conversion can be done much cheaper than it used to be. It was worth it to me just to have the freed up space and the ease of working on the single. Even with a small single you can run stock fuel and keep bpu like power.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ctwins said:
go single. :)

From twin turbo to Single? Isn't half the fun is anticipating the 2nd turbo to kick in?

Can someone elaborate on this conversion? pro/cons? cost? benefits?
Thanks,
ShinRyu..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts