Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a good *competitive* place to buy parts that's within Canada. It's a little frustrating ordering in things from the states, then having to pay mondo shipping and duties. Basically, I'm looking for a horsepowerfreaks of the north :)

Is there anything in Vancouver/Toronto?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Best bet is to stick with the SF classifieds.

In Toronto, there is no shop that I have seen that could beat any of the prices from the US (exchange and shipping worked in). You just need to be creative when getting the items shipped up here to minimize the duties/brokerage (i.e. not using UPS is a good start)

Even OEM parts are way more here than they are compared to Curt at Elmhurst for example.

I got raped big time when I bought my parts up here. if I would have known about SF before modding my car years ago I would have saved thousands and it wouldn't have been as painful as it was buying up here :gaysex:

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,275 Posts
major parts SF minor parts local pissholes.
JRP is usually better then performance improvements

·
Boostin'
146 Posts
I don't even bother looking for parts locally, everything is waay overpriced here. I've gotten all my parts from MVP, Elmhurst or SF. The duty and shipping doesn't cost as much as you think it would.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
if ur in victoria, give Zensport a call. they are a good bunch of guys. they have a dyno too :) they are out on keating cross road.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Depends what your after but Lordco actually carries alot of big aftermarket companies and if you can get in good with a parts guy who really knows his stuff the prices can be excellent. Alot of the little tuner shops in the lower mainland buy alot if not most of their stuff from Lordco anyways. They list most of the brands they carry here...

http://www.lordco.com/Images/products-on.gif

Scroll down to the High Performance section.

I was at Super Autobacs down in LA earlier this year. Kind of a neat place, mostly Japanese import parts all on the shelves and it was a big box type store. Pretty much dick all for Supras but it was still cool seeing Tein and Cusco parts sitting on a shelf, lots of demo models too. Prices were kinda blah though.

·
Boostin'
146 Posts
I hate buying stuff from Lordco, unfortunately I haven't found anybody that "knows" there stuff. I always seem to waste my time on the phone with them. Do you reccomend a particular Lordco that I should go to ? The only things I buy from them are engine oil and detailing supplies.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lordco hasn't been all that helpful, at least here in town. It's good if you have a friend with an account, and know exactly what you want. But other than that, online prices are great.

Have any of you used Seawing Enterprises? I think they're based out of Vic airport, and fly to and from Blaine WA 3 days a week. I've shipped to their US zip code before, then just pick it up at the aiport and do all the customs work yourself...I should call and see if there are any weight surcharges. Anybody else in Vic that might know?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Liquidus said:
I hate buying stuff from Lordco, unfortunately I haven't found anybody that "knows" there stuff. I always seem to waste my time on the phone with them. Do you reccomend a particular Lordco that I should go to ? The only things I buy from them are engine oil and detailing supplies.
In my experience the Mission guys seem to know what they are doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts