Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Last stock TT on Earth
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I'm yanking the rotors off this weekend and if the local hardware store doesn't have this size bolt, are there any bolts on the car that are not "critical" that I can use? (Say if the bolts are damaged I can still drive my car for a few days while Curt sends me some more...)

By the way what is the meaning of x1.25? Is it the distance that contains 5 revolutions of theading or something? (I'm a ChemE not MechE :D )

Thanks.

·
Spencer
823 Posts
check out pep boys or autozone, thats not a uncommon size

1.25 is the pitch of the thread, like a fine or standard thread.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Real common. Your parts store will have plenty. If you can't get to one or something, search around for a bolt that has a 12mm head that doesn't look too important and it'll probably be 8x1.25. You can grab one where the plenum mounts to the lower manifold. Might leak slowly but it should be fine once you put it back in.

1.25 = 1.25mm / thread

edit: ^

·
Registered
457 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
^^

Ace hardware, Lowes, Home Depot... they all have it.
I went on my lunch break to Ace.. to get some bolts for my turbo and stock O2 bung... found everything i needed.... the only probelm you may run into might be length but a hacksaw will fix that.

·
Last stock TT on Earth
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I am planning on going to Ace anyway to pick up a rubber malet in case these bolts + blow torch (aka the blue wrench) don't work. I have a feeling that the rotors are going to be a bitch to get off since my car is very familiar with the winter.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
sully said:
I went on my lunch break to Ace.. to get some bolts for my turbo and stock O2 bung... found everything i needed.... the only probelm you may run into might be length but a hacksaw will fix that.

Yeah, you can't be picky about the length.. just be grateful they have them :lol: How's the car coming along? We'll have to meet up sometime..

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
97TT6SP said:
Thanks everyone. I am planning on going to Ace anyway to pick up a rubber malet in case these bolts + blow torch (aka the blue wrench) don't work. I have a feeling that the rotors are going to be a bitch to get off since my car is very familiar with the winter.
It's not that bad. Just get a good quality grade 8 bolt. Make sure your e-brake is down and just slowly thread the bolt in. You'll see the rotor slowly start to come off. Good luck :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts