Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I've been searching for somewhere to buy some AN taps, mostly a -3an and -4an. I'm getting ready to tap some lines for my VS Intake Manifold install. I've checked snap on and summit and haven't been able to find any. Any hints?????

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't need the fittings, I need a tap that will work with AN fittings, does anyone know the thread pitch for Earl's fittings so I could possibly just get a normal tap?

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I have a Parker Fluid Connectors catalog in my hands that shows all the thread and port details and also port tapping tools. The name and address on the book is
Parker Hannifin Corp.
Tube Fittings Div
3885 Gateway Blvd.
Columbus, OH 43228
ph: 614-279-7070

I bet you could find drawings on line someplace but I've never searched for it.

I don't know why Earl's fittings would be different, I think AN is AN so probably the same as Parker; the fitting mounting threads are 3/8-24 for -3; 7/16-20 for -4

Don't cut metal til you confirm this since I'm not a fitting expert, just looking in this catalog.

·
I smell C-16 ;D
639 Posts
Why not just buy the AN fittings that go from pipe thread (the manifold side) to AN (the hose side). That is much easier than trying to find AN taps. Also, you do not want to use a bulkhead fitting in the intake manifold as you are screwed if the nuts falls off inside the mani. Drew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts