Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering where to get factory wiring connectors for our cars. The dude at the dealership told me that the only wiring connectors you can get are for the headlights and horn or something like that, but I am almost certain I've seen guys who bought new connectors from Toyora. For my various projects, I'm looking for:

-Engine harness side of the reverse light switch connector
-Engine harness side of the ABS sensor connector (on the transmission) for a 90+ turbo 5spd (R154)
-Sensor side of CPS connector for an 87 turbo

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Collin

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
junkyard

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
4,627 Posts
-Sensor side of CPS connector for an 87 turbo

Thats used on a lot of toyotas. Check Ignition Parts. Cressida Ignitors.

So are the other ones.

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Have you tried Jay-Marks Collin? I am pretty sure I got my knock sensor clips from there. Anyways, give them a call anyway. 800-327-2087.

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you tried Jay-Marks Collin? I am pretty sure I got my knock sensor clips from there. Anyways, give them a call anyway. 800-327-2087.
I actually thought of that, but I haven't had a free moment during their business hours. Finals are next week, and I'll give them a call after that.

Thanks!

Collin

·
90T
460 Posts
Look for a five digit number on the connector. If you can find it then Jeff can find the part number for it. Also, Jeff Lange recently posted the p/n for the CPS connectors. I believe they are special order from Japan.

CPS Harness side connector: 90980-10591
Wire Splices: 82998-12270 (Qty: 4)

CPS side connector: 90980-10590
Wire Splices: 82998-12260 (Qty: 4)

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look for a five digit number on the connector. If you can find it then Jeff can find the part number for it. Also, Jeff Lange recently posted the p/n for the CPS connectors. I believe they are special order from Japan.

CPS Harness side connector: 90980-10591
Wire Splices: 82998-12270 (Qty: 4)

CPS side connector: 90980-10590
Wire Splices: 82998-12260 (Qty: 4)
Thanks! The problem is that I don't have the engine harness side for the ABS and reverse light switch connectors, so there's nowhere to look for numbers.

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Reverse Light: 90980–10496
ABS Speed Sensor: 90980–10476

Both use splice: 82998-12270

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reverse Light: 90980–10496
ABS Speed Sensor: 90980–10476

Both use splice: 82998-12270
This is all engine harness side?! I love you! Where did you find this info?

Collin

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
This is all engine harness side?! I love you! Where did you find this info?

Collin
Yep.

The MKIV TSRM has a wiring harness repair section. You just match up the pic of the connector in the TSRM to the chart.

Whether a particular connector is available is the only question. I've had good luck with all but ECU plugs though. I just replaced my knock, cam, and crank sensor and coil pack plugs on my 1JZ harness since they were all broken so it came in handy.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
I've got the actual wiring harness repair manual at home and a newer one online through Toyota's online system. You can match up a lot of the connectors, but even if you have the connector number, it doesn't always mean that connector is available.

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep.

The MKIV TSRM has a wiring harness repair section. You just match up the pic of the connector in the TSRM to the chart.

Whether a particular connector is available is the only question. I've had good luck with all but ECU plugs though. I just replaced my knock, cam, and crank sensor and coil pack plugs on my 1JZ harness since they were all broken so it came in handy.
MKIV? All the plugs I'm looking for at this point are MKIII. :dunno:

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
It's actually a general Toyota manual, but included in the MKIV TSRM (or maybe just the one I downloaded). Either way, it's in no way specific to the MKIV.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts