Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i looked on ebay and found nothing. looked on taka kaira, HKS japan and usa, and HPF. best price i found was on HPF for $127+Shipping. are there any other stores im missing that well for cheaper than HPF. i would buy a used one, its just a matter of coming across one for my car, the 89+ GTE.

anyone else already done shopping for a Fields or VPC harness and found a relatively inexpensive sourcE?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Lol didn't know they were getting hard to come by. Had a 89+ fcon harness rewired for my emanage that I sold for 75$ like a month ago... Oh well only got it for 99$ though from mvp though.. they dont have em anymore.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
the vpc harnesses are a bit more

if you dont mind a couple of wire changes, the fcon harness is much cheaper at only 99.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i could live w/ an Fcon harness. just somethng that will allow me to avoid hacking up my stock harness. i put a VPC harness in my friends 98 SP74 MKIV... i never want to install piggybacks w/o a harness ever again. i had to install an O2 sim, Map ECU, BCC, and something else. course, i was able to get rid of a few things after i installed the G-force anyways.

$60 sounds like a killer deal. i guess i could live w/ $100 though. i just coujldnt think of other retailers besdies HPF or MVP or anyone else who was a retailer for the harnesses. HPF is probalby going to have the best deal though...

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MVP=master retailer... as opposed to a secondary retailer that doesnt get lower buy-in prices?

ill keep that in mind when i go shopping... ive got some stuffs that need ordering in the near future. including internals

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
flubyux2 said:
MVP=master retailer... as opposed to a secondary retailer that doesnt get lower buy-in prices?

ill keep that in mind when i go shopping... ive got some stuffs that need ordering in the near future. including internals
If you go to any manufacturers website (HKS, Greddy, Tein, etc etc etc) they will give you a list of their authorized retailers. Depending on how much business they do, they may get more or less of a discount from them.

HKS has regular dealers and PRO dealers. PRO dealers will have a dyno, they can tune their standalones, etc. and doesn't necessarily always mean a better discount. But since I worked for MVP, I know they get the best discount out there. See what they can do. They will at least match, if not beat, what HPF gave you.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright, well that sounds good. thanks t-bone ;)

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
QWIKSTRIKE said:
Less than 60.00 at MVP I am in.
Man I was talkin about the master hookup you apparently got there dude.

The HKS Part# for the 89+ Harness is

4602-RT005 and MSRP on it is 145.00 according to HKS. This means that you got it for basically 60% off, which NO dealer gets so either they sold it to you for below cost or they had a return on one or made it up somewhere else.

Most places will sell HKS at 20% off on those types of parts. 20% off is about 118 bucks. You will probably find that just about everywhere. Some places will be slightly lower, others will be a lot higher.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
snap, $60... im down for that. but $100 is also fair enough for me. but im sure i could even settle for a used harness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts