Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to track last week and as I pull up to the line the annnoucer went "lane 1 is a 94 supra, looking mighty fine." I got the Z06 on the lan 2. Off I went and my time was 15.7 sec.

I guess not so mighty fine...(joke on me) after all. I am so disappointed. I made the second run and ran 16.1.....man I was so embarrased when a nice looking girl walked up and asked "hey so what do you run?" ummmmmmmmmm 15 sex

:p

Well i am planning on getting a wreck TT 6 speed to replace my NA engine and then go back to the same track.

Need some help to find a wreck tt supra to replace my NA engine and tranny. My brother is a mechanic and willing to do the conversion for free. Plz let me know if you know of any place.

I really need to recover from that humiliation. :rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
I thought the stock NA was better than 15.7, am I wrong? Is your car auto/stick?, what year, and what mods?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NA is not all that at the track

My car is a 95 NA, with Apexi N1, HKS mushroom intake and Eibach Spring.

The engine has 100K miles, no mods.

There are three reasons I believe that contributed to the 1/4 mile result i got.

1) Stock clutch is not in the greatest condition, probably need to change reall soon. As a matter of fact, when I smoke it prior to line up at the track, the first gear slipped out, and my engine rv up like crazy.

2) Bad Driver: My reaction time was like 1.25 :D

3) Shifting timing: My car jerked, almost cut off, when I pull first gear passed red light to second gear.

Overall, I am just a bad driver. I am sure my car can run low 15s if not high 14s :p once I learn how to launch it right and change out the clutch.

Y

·
0 Posts
Just a couple of thoughts, don't run it too high in first. Shift about 6-700 below redline, and then 300 below out of second. And I probably don't need to say it, but keep your eyes in the car. You can't slow the other car down anyway, so concentrate on your line, and the tach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts