Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the size/type of our clutch alignment tool?
Is it available at PepBoys or AutoZone or equivalent?

Following CB clutch replacement procedure on MKIV.com tech, and just realized that I sold my old clutch with the throwout bearing still attached on the pressure plate.
He mentioned something about reusing the SLEEVE.....I believe I don't have that sleeve anymore. I have TOB, 2 C-clips, all
washers, and that's about it. There is no sleeve pictured in the service manual, and toyota parts department doesn't know anything abou it either. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

·
More torque than you
120 Posts
You dont need a clutch alignment tool to change mkiv clutches. The clutch disk sits on the tranny input shaft and the pressure plate bolts to the flywheel. Once you get the throwout bearing on the pressure plate just slide it on the input shaft first then slide on the clutch disk. Throw the tranny up there and bolt down the pressure plate.
Let me know if you need more help. The service manual shows the order of washers and clips that need to be used to mount the throwout bearing on the pressure plate.
Good luck

·
More torque than you
120 Posts
BTW There are no sleeves. Maybe he meant the input shaft bearing that sits in the crankshaft. There is no reason to replace it unless it's not rotating smoothly. Plus it's a PITA to swap it out.
Dont forget to lube the clutch fork pivot point.

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
Red Supra said:
... Throw the tranny up there and bolt down the pressure plate....
Bolt it down through the tranny's inspection ports. You'll need to turn the engine over several times to torque the pressure plate bolts down in the correct order. Imo, a long ratchet on the crank pulley bolt works best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts