Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has a G-Force OBD1 ECU with/ Custom chip (no redline, rev limit, speed limit, or trac) and I would like it to have redline and rev limit, especially after today. I was runing through 3rd and shifted into 4th, full throttle to probably 5500rpm and was coming up on heavy traffic so I let off and braked while shifting up to 5th, but I misshifted into 3rd and immediately heard the engine revs pick way up so i braked harder and looked at the tach and it was at around 7700rpm so I would hate to even guess what it revved from my stupid mistake. Does anyone know where I could get a different chip for this unit and also where are these usually located at on the vehicle, I have no clue what it looks like, size or anything. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BXR SUPRA said:
I tried to search and all I ever get is a white screen. What is the secret to do a search on here? I know there is a problem with it, but some people are able to use it and I always just get a white blank screen. Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
redline_or_nothing said:
I tried to search and all I ever get is a white screen. What is the secret to do a search on here? I know there is a problem with it, but some people are able to use it and I always just get a white blank screen. Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it.
only search for one word, you will have to sift through a bunch of bullshit....but its better than nothing.

Jason

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Chip isn't going to stop you from mechanically over revving the engine when downshifting.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thnx for the search info, just tried it with one word and it worked. There are alot of things i have been wanting to search so I have alot of catching up to do now. Thanks again.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the info everyone. I got to thinking on it and my car has a map ecu piggyback with the gforce ecu and I will probably just save up some money and purchase a aem ems later on and resolve those issues with one unit. I also plan on some hks cams and the sp67 turbo....wait a minute, time to wake up to reality, but I will probably have those in due time, so I dont want to waste any more money on the current set up, just got to watch those shifts more closely and try not to break anything. Thanks again everyone, I love this place, soo much knowledge and you help out your fellow supra brethren. Much appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts