Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Douchebag
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah. My Mk2's engine bay is DIRTY. There's tons of little crap in the head near the spark plugs that I'd never be able to get out myself; the whole bay is covered in grease and grime; and it looks like someone just decided to throw an open bottle of oil into the engine bay.

So, does anyone know where I could get my engine bay pressure washed, or does anyone have one or something? I'd like to get this done, I'm a bit of a clean freak.

·
Douchebag
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Josh M said:
My friend works at Flex Care auto in Madison and he does an excellent job!

It was very dirty before and now it is gorgeous!
Where exactly is that? I'm in Madison all the time, that would be perfect.

·
Douchebag
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, since you're a mod I guess I'll ask you this too. I can't post in the New Member or For Sale/Wanted forums, why is that?

·
100% Eurotrash
1,108 Posts
q-tips, rags, and simple green worked for me :D

mine's dirty again though...if you call up josh's friend, let me know what he charges.

·
Douchebag
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NA_MKIII said:
q-tips, rags, and simple green worked for me :D

mine's dirty again though...if you call up josh's friend, let me know what he charges.
I will. Like I said, the real problem is getting the big stuff out of the tight spots. I don't know if that could be done with a pressure washer or some kind of vaccuum or what, but it's bugging the crap out of me.

I also need my carpet steam cleaned, it's absolutely disgusting :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Its on the west side of Madison and he will do a great job on your car. If you click on my link in my sig to my webshots go to "My Supra" album and take a look at the great job he does! If you want more info give me a PM with your number and I'll call you up and we can talk about it, I'll get him to give you a discount as well!

In terms of not being able to post in the for sale section it is because you do not have enough posts. I believe you need at least 100 posts to be able to post in there.............as far as the new members section I have no clue at all. PM "RSA Supra" and he will be able to answer your questions about that better :)

M

·
0 Posts
Dizzy is a bit OC, at least compared to me. I see a clean engine and cringe... Anyways, when Is the MKII coming back to madison? And how are we gonna get it there?

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Monochrome Roullete said:
Dizzy is a bit OC, at least compared to me. I see a clean engine and cringe... Anyways, when Is the MKII coming back to madison? And how are we gonna get it there?

Whats wrong with having a clean well kept car?

·
Douchebag
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Josh M said:
He doesn't get the concept that if something is clean, it's super easy to tell when something is wrong. He also thinks I'm going to start spraying oil if I have it cleaned. :rolleyes:

M

·
0 Posts
Josh M said:
Nothing really, I just don't see the pint of cleaning the engine.
Don't bother trying to explain it, I wont get it. Dizzy's tried.
I've grown up around dirty engines, since we go mud bogging all the time, so the way I see it, it's just gonna get dirty again.
And yeah, I did bring up that maybe the pressure wash might open up some wounds in the engine, but meh. I'm sure thats not even really possible.

M

·
0 Posts
trdsupramaster said:
A clean motor is a good motor much easyer to work on and tell if any problem areas

Josh when your ready you can clean mine :bigthumb:
I guess if you have a clean ass motor and spring a coolant leak, you'll be pretty fucking sure where it is eh?

·
100% Eurotrash
1,108 Posts
My engine bay was spotless before my exhaust leak, so when I went to go find it, it took 2 seconds. Sprung a leak from a coolant hose, found it right away. Oil leak? No problem finding it. Besides....Stainless t4 manifold, stainless exhaust, and a polished turbo look out of place on a dirty engine.

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
where in S/E wi are you slick?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts