Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TT This
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright if I blow intercooler pipes one more time!!! :rant: ............

Does anyone know where might have a bead roller? Like out of the nationwide chains of automotive stores? I'm going to a few local shops and ask around, thought I'd ask here too..thanks

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Look into Custom Exhaust shops around your area. Not Midas or anyone like that, they will just look at you funny.

You can also tack a few welds around the end of the pipes to give the coupler somethin to grab onto aswell.

·
Registered
476 Posts
wondering if you got your pipes beaded, I ended up using epoxy weld stick for the beading, I've read some of the mk3 guys are doing it and it seems to hold pretty fine. Wondering what' everyone feedback on it.

·
TT This
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I haven't, are you talking JB weld? Never thought of that. I Suppose it would work as long as it doesn't break off and get sent through my engine.

·
Registered
476 Posts
NinetyFiveNA said:
No I haven't, are you talking JB weld? Never thought of that. I Suppose it would work as long as it doesn't break off and get sent through my engine.
yep, its hard to take off once it cure(harden), I had to sand some of the weld off and it's not easy. From experience if you are thinking of this route, use duct tape to tape the end off and use it as a bead making guide then apply the epoxy, use the stick one not the mixture, the stick tends to harden ALOT quickr than the self tube mix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts