Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some ppl put it between turbo & IC. also sen some installs between IC & throtle.

which is better position and why?

currently i have by the throttle. its a type R greddy and does not pheeeew as on the other side. i just install a bigger IC and piping. so my options are open.

your professional advive and feedbacks please.

thanks for peeking in.:)

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
I have 2 HKS SSQV's. One is right after the turbo and one is right before the intercooler.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
the closer that the BOV is mounted to the TB the better response and overall effect of the BOV can be gained. The reason I say this is because the whole point of a BOV is to vent the ait that is stopped when the throttle butterfly is closed. Therefore, the shorter distance that the ait has to travel before it is vented via BOV, the quicker the response. This is of course, as opposed to the air having to travel all the way back to wherever the BOV is mounted which is not as effective.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
The whole point of the BOV is to save the turbo from air trying to reverse flow back into the turbo when the throttle is closed.

A really good local turbo tuner said it should go between turbo and IC for this reason. BTW, the air wouldnt have to "travel all the way back" to the BOV, the whole system is pressurized!

I, like 90% of other guys, have their's by the TB. The whole system is pressurized, shouldnt make a bit of difference where the BOV is.

Al

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
The whole point of the BOV is to save the turbo from air trying to reverse flow back into the turbo when the throttle is closed.

A really good local turbo tuner said it should go between turbo and IC for this reason. BTW, the air wouldnt have to "travel all the way back" to the BOV, the whole system is pressurized!

I, like 90% of other guys, have their's by the TB. The whole system is pressurized, shouldnt make a bit of difference where the BOV is.

Al
This is true, the only reason I am saying closer to the TB is better is because the throttle is what determines when the BOV is opened. Suprastore.com offers a service where they will mount the BOV right on your TB! I think it's a pretty sweet deal.

·
Registered
318 Posts
+1 for anywhere...But I have mine between the IC and TB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts