Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys can someone give me an idea on where to hide my HID ballast's pictures would be a great help if anyone has any of their install.
pics can be sent to [email protected] if they can't be hosted
some insite on this topic would be greatly appricated thanks in advance guys
P.S sorry if this is in the wrong section

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply Por2geezSupra does it get too hot? will it do any damage to the headlights? if anyone else knows that would be great

·
1,020 Posts
vinh1981 said:
thanks for the reply Por2geezSupra does it get too hot? will it do any damage to the headlights? if anyone else knows that would be great
Nope it won't get hot enough to do any damage.

There will be a good 1/4" space between most ballasts and the headlight.

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
I mounted mine to the aluminum push bar under the front bumper cover (facing up). It is a natural heat sink and stays very dry under there. very stealth and out of the way.

Brandon

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
^ Even with the FMIC?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I am setting up a customer with some HIDs and Euro headlights. Here are some pics of whats done so far, finish product will be posted later.

I am only installing the Lows and fogs, but figured I would make up something to hold all 3 if they decided to run the hi's as HID's later on as well. There is more than enough room between the ballasts and the bottom of the headlights, so no worrying about melting the oustide of them at all.

BTW, this is on a stock NA with some moderate mods. These may get in the way of the IC piping later on if they go NA-T :dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts