Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up. As far as my knowledge goes according to the research i've done, 93-97mkivs have their stock pressure sensor on the front of the motor, and to mount your own oil pressure gauge you need to use the union bolt mod.
On the 98's stock, the stock pressure sender is located on the union bolt, so therefore you can mount your aftermarket sensor where the 93-97 would normally have it.

I believe what i stated above is correct considering i've read it in more than one post, but i just cant figure out with the location is that isnt being used.
Ive searched physically on the motor, and also looked for it on the forums and cannot find it?
Does anyone have a picture of where i can screw the oil pressure sensor into on a 98mkiv?
From what i've read, i need to screw it into where the 93-97 would normally have theirs? But where is it? I cant find it for shit.

Any help is greatly appreciated it.
Thank You in advance.

·
Registered
377 Posts
For my 98 I purchased an GReddy adapter that goes between the block and oil filter, It has a place for the sensor to screw into.

I purchased it from HP Freaks, $59.00

HP Freaks P/N
GRED 12002734 (Toyota) Toyota, Greddy, Oil Filter Block Adapters

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear what your saying...but from what i've read i dont think its necessary because the spot where the stock 93-96 oil pressure sensor was..isnt used on the 98 block so you can use taht.
I may be incorrect..that is just info i've gathered from my research.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stu Hagen said:
Lexus bolt with the 1/8" NPT female thread at the end of it. If I recall, this is on MKiV as a tech article
Yes i mentioned this above...but this bolt is already used on the 98's...and thats where the stock sensor is mounted on the 98.

I want to know where the 93-96 mount their stock oil sensor..this way i can use that..since its just a capped hole on the 98.

·
Medium Ballin'
3,021 Posts
pane2k said:
Yes i mentioned this above...but this bolt is already used on the 98's...and thats where the stock sensor is mounted on the 98.

I want to know where the 93-96 mount their stock oil sensor..this way i can use that..since its just a capped hole on the 98.
it's in the block, towards the front intake side of the motor I believe... They use an adapter fitting with an 1/8 NPT thread in it.

FWIW, you could get an adapter for the bolt and just put two of them there. Get an 1/8" male with 2- 1/8" females and plug them both into that hole...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah actually i got the T to hook them both up to the union bolt...its just such a bitch to get to...i cant get clean access to it to work in that area.
Ill try again later..but i sure as hell cant get in there with an open end wrench.

Thanks for the reply
John

·
Medium Ballin'
3,021 Posts
it would be harder to get to where the stock ones are on the earlier models. it'd be easier if you took the power steering pump off... take off the serpentine belt and undo the 3 bolts holding the power steering pump in place and let it hang while you work...

sometimes it pays to to take 15-30 extra minutes to take off something like that and save yourself the aggravation and pain of trying to play rubber band man.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i guess thats what im going to have to do as much as i dont want to.

Hey are you sure the hole in the union bolt is 1/8pt? Just from looking at it..the peice screwed into it holding the stock sensor looks alot bigger than 1/8, i guess my eyes could be playing tricks on me though.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
okay, well i finally got the stock sensor off, the yes the hole in the union bolt is indeed 1/8.
Im facing a new problem now...I got a 1/8 T from a auto part store i use, the peice is bronze.
everything screwed into the female ports on it fine, but it seems the mail port..is just slightly too thick.
I couldnt get it started into the block..and i tried it in another fitting i had...and after like 3 turns..the bronze peice stripped...but the stainless peice i was screwing into was unharmed.

I guess tomorrow i have to go looking for a new t that will fit better. Like i said the female ports on it were fine...the mail port seemed slightly too thick to catch correctly.

Has anyone else had this problem?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts